Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

russ655

Aug 08

russ655 says:

Arai vs Shoei

Hi All

I'm looking for some advise/opinions on the whole Arai/Shoei debate.

I've Currently got an Arai RX7 Corsair that I feel it's time to replace. Whilst this is a quality helmet I do find it VERY noisy, and I absolutely refuse to pay nearly £600 for another one. So, I'm looking at a Shoei, possibly an XR1000. Is this a noisy lid too? Anyone owned both? Or got any comments on Arai vs Shoei?

Thanks in advance for any comments guys and gals

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 May 2009 08:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

I wear agv's

and find these to be good.. got 2 ti tech ones at the mo

dont think there is a helmet that is ultra ultra quite.. so ear plugs r reqd.

as peeps have said.. its wot fits ur head and wallet.. and its gorra look nice :winkie:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
queen bodecia

Oct 02

I have a Suomy.

Plus points: very comfy velvety lining, great fit, nice girlie graphics, visor doesn't mist up plus is a legal iridium visor, very lightweight.

Minus points: very noisy, earplugs essential, completely broke the budget at almost £300.

The right lid for you is the one that fits best. It might not be Arai or Shoei (which would certainly save you a few bob). Always wear earplugs, that will solve any noisy lid issues.

Reply to this Topic
turbooutlawuk

Feb 04

shuberth

get a shuberth very quiet and more comfortable than an arai

and the bonus is not having to carry a spare visor if you are out in the evenings :smile

Reply to this Topic
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

turbo

"" and the bonus is not having to carry a spare visor if you are out in the evenings :smile ""

Whats wrong with riding with a black visor at night... far more fun as i always find out on me travels!! :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
russ655

Aug 08

russ655 says:

Lostboysaint

Cheers for all the responses guys. I've taken the plunge on the XR1000.

LOSTBOYSAINT. I don't have to prove to anyone that i'm a "proper biker" as you put it. In the past I've owned Lazer, Soumy, Shark, AGV, and Arai lids. For me the other 4 makes weren't anywhere near as good as Arai (others may disagree). It's just that I was a bit reluctant to fork out on a new RX7, so I thought I'd try a shoei. Not trying to prove anything to anyone.

Reply to this Topic
dodgerzx9

Nov 02

dodgerzx9 says:

Sorry

have to go with the Shark RSR2:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Lostboysaint

Apr 09

Lostboysaint says:

RUSS655

Happy to apologise and admit that if that's the case then perhaps I was a little hasty. In mitigation I would add that I am sick to death of "which Arai" threads or other such nonsense on every bike forum as these are normally posted by fuckwits who want the badge and don't realise the implication of an ill fitting lid.

(My neighbour is a great is example, a BAB who rushed off and bought a Harley, black HD leathers, white Arai lid and wonders why his head hurts!)

Reply to this Topic
Mickly

Dec 02

Mickly says:

I love my Arai

I've got an RX7 also up for replacement, trouble is that it was bought for me as a 40th b'day prezzie (£350) after much research and investigation, and having been totally spoilt I cannot afford to replace like for like.:upset:

I'm holding on to it until I can, no way can I accept second best (in my opinion).

Mickly

Reply to this Topic
formotorbikes

Jan 11

Arai vs Shoei guide

Useful Arai vs Shoei vs Nexx guide here.

Reply to this Topic
importrider

Nov 04

importrider says:

shoei

I have had both arai and shoei and although both very good fit/comfort my current shoei XR1100 feels far lighter than my arai so based on that i would recomend shoei and will replace it with another one when time comes.

oh and no side pods to deal with when changing your visor although i nerver broke my side pods (many have) the shoei system is much easier.

hope this helps

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices