Skip to content

Discuss This James Toseland targets qualifying improvement MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Toseland targets qualifying improvement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Toseland targets qualifying improvement

James Toseland has admitted he needs to drastically improve his qualifying performances to boost his hopes of threatening closer to the top six in MotoGP. The British rider has shown steady improvement in recent weeks on the Tech 3 Yamaha YZR-M1. After his big winter testing crashes in Sepang and Jerez he’s recovered his form to finish in the top...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (22 May 2009 14:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
andysyzfr1

Sep 08

andysyzfr1 says:

Qualifying ???

I like JT and want him to do well but he needs to do more than qualify better. He needs to race again, just like last year. Get more involved, upset other riders with hard over taking.

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

need results

come on JT just ride the bloody thing for gods sake dont wanna hear what your trying to do just do it.if he dont pick up the pace soon thats his job gone.

Reply to this Topic
dabber65

Feb 09

dabber65 says:

EXCUSES AGAIN

The easy way Edwards breezed past him at Le Mans should tell Toseland that hes not up to riding in this class.

Give it up and find something you can ride and set up stop making excuses week after week Edwards is riding the same bike with the same tyres and is doing it a lot better

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

in other words JUST GET ON WITH IT AND STOP GOIN ON ABOUT IMPROVEMENTS,ITS TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUT UP. YOU HAVE SIMONCHELLI AND SPIES JUST WAITING TO TAKE YOUR RIDE

Reply to this Topic
rizla1962

Jan 09

rizla1962 says:

JT and the old timers!

I agree with all the comments made about our JT. He's a great rider but Motogp just doesn't suit his style. He needs to realise he's a WSB rider and NOT suited to MotoGP. Would be quite interesting to see both JT and Colin Edwards back in WSB?

One last thing.....BSB needs to get rid of the oldies. Looks like The Blades gone ( not the way i'd like to see him go. He's a nice bloke). I can think of a few more but don't want to upset the Walker fans!!!!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
peter3z

May 09

peter3z says:

get off his back he is a brit so stop moaning and get behind him

Reply to this Topic
H2pots

Jan 09

H2pots says:

can't

see JT setting the motogp world on fire this year.... he's our only brit in motogp but our future is with the young un's in 125... it don't matter if it don't work out for JT in motogp.... if he comes back to WSB, we'll still support him. you gotta remember.... there might only be 18 starters but these are probably the best racers in the world... edwards never won a gp neither and he's ridden everything out there...

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

James Toseland targets qualifying improvement

Last year Toseland had a string of 6th place finishes in his first year in Moto GP,6 to be exact.Not bad in his first season on board a prototype race bike on a handfull of circuits he didn't know and something not many ex Superbike riders have done in the past.Thing's got off to a bad start this year with 2 big crashes in 2 big test sessions.Both crashes pretty much ruled him out of those test's and he wasn't able to fully test his machine this year on different tyres.Now couple that with the testing ban this season,he's been playing catch up ever since.Thing's have improved for him very steadily as the season has gone along with reports back from the French GP that he seems to have found something in set up etc.Hopefully from this point onwards things will greatly improve for him,if he can start races from  somewhere on the first 2 or 3 rows of the grid then he stands a much better chance of getting somewhere close to the first 5 or 6 riders.Don't forget,he's spent all of his racing life up until last year on production based road bikes so he's had to learn how to set up a full blown GP bike.Few of the riders in Moto GP have gone into that class via the same route,most are ex 125cc or 250cc GP riders with several seasons behind them in those classes and so had prior knowledge of the GP tracks and also a better idea on how to set up a GP machine.Toseland is 4 or 5 races into his second season and even though he hasn't started off as well as last year i still think he will get better.He proved last year that he can ride with the best of them when things are going well,the way he rode against Rossi in the Aussie GP for one and the 6th place finishes.Those points would suggest he is better than a lot of the Moto GP  riders and why he should be there instead of WSB.Seems to me a lot of people are expecting far too much of him so early in his GP career with still so much for him to learn.Personally,he gets my vote and i think he will start getting those top 6 finishes or better as the year goes along.If Tech 3 don't want him next year,then Fuck 'em.How many GPs have the Tech 3 team won in their 20 year history ?? If you're a Brit,support your rider otherwise SHUT THE FUCK UP !!:biggrin::tongue::mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bottomley3131

Aug 07

well said

Reply to this Topic
chris313nt

May 08

chris313nt says:

JT

we all know he's capable of better results because of his performances last year, but I think those crashes have frightened him & maybe thats the reason for his poor displays...I don't think its his qualifying thats really affecting him, because in the race he was up to 7th & Edwards was about 13th, but Edwards & a few others caught & passed him, so I don't see that as a qualifying problem, I see it as a lack of race pace...he was good when Edwards was setting up his bike for him last season though...JT will be better next year when he's back in WSBK...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices