Skip to content

General Tall guy seeks help on choosing sexy bike! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Tall guy seeks help on choosing sexy bike!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Shyhoulud

May 09

Shyhoulud says:

Tall guy seeks help on choosing sexy bike!

Ello lads and lassies,

So i've recently passed the new test and am looking for my first ride. I'm about 6'6", weigh a ton to boot and the CB500 I did my DAS with felt like it was struggling to cope a little. Either that or I just got bored with it very very quickly.
Personally I don't mind getting a big first bike as I know how to restrain myself when it comes to speed. However my size limits my choices a little.

I want to head in a different direction to the R1/SV650 masses and get something a little different. My current shortlist is (in no particular order):

1. Yamaha XJR 1300
2. Triumph Speed Triple
3. Victory Vegas 8-ball
4. Triumph Tiger

Quite a varied collection I know. :biggrin:
I've sat on all of them and seem to fit, but have not had a road test on any. Any good/bad points I need to know about this lot? Any I should be steering clear of? 
Any other bikes that should be on this list?

Cheers in advance :wink:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 May 2009 05:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
canarlee

Aug 05

canarlee says:

um anyone looked at this persons profile?

"chocolate fireguard designer"

you lot have been hadhttp://soxandthecity.net/smilies/bananasex.gif

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Victory pillion seat

8 ball not as standard, although you could probably negotiate one gratis if you're actually gonna buy.

Reply to this Topic
DavidHopkins

Aug 03

DavidHopkins says:

Reply to this Topic
cheshirekat

Jun 09

cheshirekat says:

For What it's worth

Think you need to go a long way to beat a bandit for an every day bike. Two a penny. Reliable. If it get's nicked cheap to replace. Can alter them easily. Pick up bits easy and cheap enough. What more can I say.

Reply to this Topic
Shyhoulud

May 09

Shyhoulud says:

Narrowed down

Well rode the Victory 8-ball and Hammer S and was mightily impressed!! I think the 8-ball has me won over though out of the two. Didn't make it to the Triumph test ride as I ran out of time, but will have a go on the Tiger and Speed Triple before I make a decision. The Tiger is looking more promising. Dismissing the Yamaha now.

So I guess it will be the Triumph Tiger vs the Victory 8-ball. Man I wish I could get both :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
baboonass

Jul 09

baboonass says:

tall guy seeks sexy bike

Speed Triple is great, but if youre not a shortarse, youll end up looking like youve got on one of those 10p rides outside the supermaket. Id go XJR1300 everytime - not particularly "sexy" but a proper blokes bike. If you want a bit of protection, then perhaps look at the Honda Blackbird (if the insurance isnt too much that is).

Reply to this Topic
teddy1981

Sep 08

teddy1981 says:

bump :blink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle