Skip to content

Discuss This Honda confirms it will not be at the NEC bike show General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Honda confirms it will not be at the NEC bike show

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Honda confirms it will not be at the NEC bike show

Honda has confirmed rumours it will not be attending this year’s NEC Motorcycle show in Birmingham as it concentrates on dealer launches for the new 2010 model range.The move obviously saves a huge amount of money, something Honda is anxious to do globally in the face of the current economic situation, but it’s also claimed to be a strategy backed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (27 May 2009 17:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

No CB1100R Then....

Another reason why NOT to go!

Reply to this Topic
njgt

Aug 02

njgt says:

Yeap, went last year and wasn't impressed so I'll stay at home and get all the info on new bikes from MCN

Reply to this Topic
cyfer83

Mar 09

cyfer83 says:

Good to hear

I would rather hear of a comany such as Honda with a long term plan letting everyone know they wont be attending but also explaining why and that other opportunities to see there bikes through dealers will be available nationally... the show seems to have become second to London and its European counterparts anyway, at the end of the day I would rather talk to my trusted local dealer and get and honest from them...

Reply to this Topic
kjnash2001

Dec 04

kjnash2001 says:

i am totally in agreement with honda,  i attended the show last year and was totally disgusted with what was there , the stands had virtually the same on display as the year previous, the stunt show that you have to pay for , once having already paid to get in was exactly the same as the previous year, and the trade stands were of poor and un interesting items, , all in all the same old rubbish.  if every manufacturer followed honda's example then i for one would be sure that people would enjoy it more and local dealers would benefit.   who wants to see a bike on a stand with a rope around it, as most had , why not save the cost of ticket and travel aswell as time and go to the local dealer and have a test ride and enjoy the bike in a real situation and talk to people who know the range rather than pr people who know naff all.

Reply to this Topic
halfmanhalfninja

Feb 09

'ray for big H!

About time a big company took a stand against the NEC, it's been crap for years now.

I used to have to work there on a retail stand every year - its nothing more than a clear-out for the industry's shite - same old stuff hawked about year after year.

Our national bike show should be a showcase for the industry as a whole, showing it's new products etc. We have numerous other shows for retail - all the NEC organisers are concerned about is rinsing you lot!

Reply to this Topic
Shakeyjake

Aug 08

Shakeyjake says:

Additional Confirmation

Shakeyjake would also like to confirm he's not going to this years NEC bike show. In his case its not because of economic circumstances but because last years show was sh*te.

However if any bikers would like to come round and show off their new bikes for free then he will offer them a wide range of teas and coffees for their trouble.

Reply to this Topic
1batfink

May 08

1batfink says:

NEC is rubbish anyway

... every year the NEC gets worse and worse. This is one of the final nails in the coffin.

Reply to this Topic
jmcbr

Mar 09

jmcbr says:

So what?

So what Honda aren't going to the NEC, It's over rated anyway. Like most events in the UK now days, you get stitched from start to finish, for parking, entrance fee, shit over priced food then get nailed by a bloody camera on the way home and in November too to top it off. People over here need to take a long hard look at how events are run in europe. I went to a bike show in Toulouse which was every bit as good as the NEC (as far as bike models go but that's where it ends) free parking, quarter the entrance fee nice fast roads and of course not in the middle of November. A great stress free day out , 20 euros covers your entrance fee, snacks and of course your petrol. Value for money is far from the agenda of those that run the NEC, it's simply another opportunity to fleece people! Once bitten forever shy.

I'd much prefer Honda to put their money into bike research etc to give me a better bike than sqaunder it to the knobs of the NEC. I'll keep up to date with MCN from the comfort of where ever I choose.

Reply to this Topic
thedukeofhunslet

Nov 07

Watch this space...

If Honda turn up at the Excel in January then you know what that means don't you...?

...It means The NEC is dead!

Reply to this Topic
DrZed

May 09

DrZed says:

NEC

I used to look forward to the NEC bike show every year but I`m afraid it`s now WAY past it`s sell-by date. It`s a rip-off from the moment you park your car. You pay through your nose to get in, then they try and shaft you for a programme !  . . . . The food is expensive and crap. . . . . . The stands are the same old, same old. . . . . . The merchandise is mostly old tat that is hawked around all the bike events. . . . . . . . . When I looked inside one helmet being sold, by a VERY well known family motorcycle dealers who also run a well known race team no names no pack drills, it was 10 YEARS OLD ! . . . . . . . .  The Event is absolute pish . . . . . . It`s a joke. . . . . . I won`t be going again.

Maybe the organisers should be directed towards the responses on this subject ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle