Skip to content

General do you want your kids riding...? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > do you want your kids riding...?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

do you want your kids riding...?

...I love riding a motorbike, but would you be happy with your kids taking to the roads.:unsure:...as a parent I think some sort of protective instinct kicks in which tells me to be less than encouraging!...maybe when he's a bit older, ie more sensible! :dopeyhmmmm::dopeyhmmmm::wink::smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 May 2009 10:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Kids riding

Don't have kids of my own but have taught friends kids how to ride bikes aswell as how to repair and service them

Reply to this Topic
yamtcat

Jul 05

yamtcat says:

QB

Thanks for that depressing forecast...are you by any chance a pessimist?

Reply to this Topic
Abacus

Feb 04

Abacus says:

My lad has a R1

I worry all the time 'cos I know he rides like a tit.

My little girl done her CBT last week. I feel a bit better about her.

Reply to this Topic
THEAK

Jul 08

THEAK says:

Stuhsp

Nothing to do with the roads being more crowded, really. Just that dread feeling that mortality, after all, is not a myth - which creeps in as you get older.

I stopped enjoying rides at the Fair after I had my first child, because I started noticing how shoddy they made them, and how most of the seats are held on by one tiny pin, etc.  too

Reply to this Topic
THEAK

Jul 08

THEAK says:

Manufacturers will only build vehicles that are supported by successive governments.

Yeah, but, there are already steam-driven,  electrically started, half-pedal/half motorcycle sort of motorbikes built.  So, even if fossil fuels went totally tits up, there are alternatives and maybe most manufacturers wouldn't take them on, but, some of those weird arsed Japanese ones would for sure - and new people would start up.

So, no, as long as there are humans left who love to hurtle themselves down the road with inadequate protection, at dangerous speeds, there will be some form of motorbike.

They may not be anything the average person could afford, but, they will exist. 

And, by the way, there are people over here who make their own fuel out of the used cooking oils from fast food restaurants, to use in their vehicles, including their motorcycles. Not many, but enough to know that it can be done!

Reply to this Topic
RIKSTERr6

May 09

RIKSTERr6 says:

BIKES

MY GIRLFRIEND WAS STILL RIDING PILLION AT 35 WEEKS PREGNANT WE BOTH LOVE BIKES AND OUR BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL ALREADY KNOWS THE SOUND OF DADDYS BIKE AND GOD BLESS HER SHE WATCHES THE RACING TOO.

Reply to this Topic
pussinboots

Aug 02

pussinboots says:

kids on bikes

puss jnr has her own bike as well as a car & I'm happy for her..how could I not be really?..would be a bit hypocritical...she's always been a bit of a daredevil so no surprise really...& she has people supporting her who I trust so that's good... as for her twin bro he has a car licence but he's never really got into bikes which is fine, but if he did it would be cool ....

Reply to this Topic
RIKSTERr6

May 09

RIKSTERr6 says:

AGREE

I AGREE WITH PUSS IT WOULD BE WRONG TO SAY "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO". I HOPE MY LITTLE GIRL GETS A BIKE WHEN SHE IS OLDER IN FACT I WOULD EVEN BUY IT FOR HER.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

QB

I see your point but don't think that's right... Look at the development and interest going into the TTXGP at the Isle Of Man this year.. manufacturers are making alternative-fuel bikes and we read a lot about this.

Also.. say steam travel is your passion... If you put your mind to it you can find and buy an ancient steam-roller and go to the rally's and have fun with all the other steam lovers at the steam festivals..

Bikes will always be here.. their popularity may dwindle and laws may affect their form and power source, but as long as people like us exist.. passionate devotees.. there will always be bikes... Well, i'll always have one!

:wink:

Reply to this Topic
stevepurcell

May 07

stevepurcell says:

KIds on bikes

My kids dont like me riding my bike,maybe its because of recent accidents(not my fault third party as usual),I suppose its the heartache and the pain they suffer when i or we get hurt,im in 2 minds on this one,Yes for the pleasure and enjoyment, No for the injuries and the possibilityof death  :unsure:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices