Skip to content

Discuss This WSB America: Spies takes race two win, Rea third World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB America: Spies takes race two win, Rea third

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

WSB America: Spies takes race two win, Rea third

Ben Spies secured his second race win of the day to move to within 53 points of series leader Noriyuki Haga. As in race one, Spies made another blistering start and set an unmatchable pace from the opening lap. The American set a new circuit lap record on lap two to pull clear of the chasing pack and when Ten...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (01 June 2009 07:41)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LilMoney

Aug 04

LilMoney says:

spies is the man!!

Reply to this Topic
jamierob

Feb 09

jamierob says:

Ben Spies

Well done JR great performance in both races . I,m afraid Ben Spies is in a different league from the rest of the WSB guys Haga included ,would have loved to see him against Bayliss but hopefully we will see him line up against Rossi and probabaly the biggest rival he will face in his career Jorge lorenzo . 

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Spies Motogp

Cant see Spies cutting it in GP unless he learns 125s and the 250s first Superbike riders dont make good GP riders

Reply to this Topic
jake318

Jun 09

jake318 says:

WSB america

Superbike riders can do phenominal in GP ?  what about Rainey, SchwantzLawson ect ?

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

I hope Spies stays in WSBK. MotoGP is too snobbish and depends too much on engineering and software. Many good MotoGP riders are having bad results because someone else's computer programmer is better than theirs. I think WSBK has got it right and MotoGP is too much like Formula1. The outcome is too dependant on technology and not rider ability and guts.

Reply to this Topic
robertreynolds

May 09

I'd love to see Leon get snapped up for the Ten Kate ride next year in place of Checa, he's doing fantastic on the satellite honda, the fact that he can get that even close to a podium is a miracle, but it's getting pretty obvious now just how hard he's trying each race.

Reply to this Topic
stuart2009

Jun 09

stuart2009 says:

wsb leon haslam

yep the yank did well but what about young haslam he was on fire the second race pity he binned it, cant wait for donnington, see you all there

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Shame

about Leon but he went for the podium so fair play to him . Nori had better watch his back as this Spies bloke looks pretty handy as long as he can keep it on the track , with Nori banged up Ben has the oportunity to seriously close the gap. The end of the season could come down to the wire aka Edwards vs Bayliss !!!! cannot wait .

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Haslam!

I was at Miller,  got talking to some Texans, at the end of the race they all asked who the kid was on the Honda out of the showroom...I replied Leon Haslam.  The pocket-rocket rode his socks off, and our American cousins began to notice.

Well done JR as well, move over Checa the boys are coming.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices