Skip to content

Products Strange sounds from my Honda Pan European.. Parts & accessories

You are in... Forums > Products > Parts & accessories > Strange sounds from my Honda Pan European..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Glennhonda

Nov 08

Glennhonda says:

Strange sounds from my Honda Pan European..

I was wondering if you can help. To explain... 6 weeks ago I bought a new Pan Euro from Fowlers of Bristol. After 3 weeks I started to notice, when the bike was warmed up/hot, a clucking/knocking sound when pulling away (sounded like it was coming from the gearbox or shaft area). This would go when the clutch was fully...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 November 2008 17:20)

Post a message in Parts & accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

HONDA ST 1300 PAN EURO

Hi Glennhonda

I have been intrigued and thinking about this for some days now.First thing was.

• I took the bike to Fowlers and they found the shaft tensioner was way-out so they corrected it.

You see i have worked on the older ST1100 and that didn't have a shaft tensioner.So i thought i would take a look on the micro fiche for ST Pan 1300 but no, no sign of a shaft tensioner there.So i was meeting my brother for tea today and he is a top Honda technician working in a main Honda dealers.So i asked him about the shaft tensioner and he told me what i had thought all along it hasn't got one?.So i asked him about the clunking knocking sound pulling away and he tells me it is quite common as it is the traction control kicking in and some people don't know what it is.So your bike is probably O.K. but i would have thought Fowlups of Bristol would have been able to supply you with this info and not bull shit you about shaft tensioners.

Good Luck

K.C.and the sunshine band:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

i was also

intrigued by a "shaft tensioner". hmmm

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy