Skip to content

Ask an Expert Sprint ST Heated Grips Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Sprint ST Heated Grips

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Gman63

Mar 09

Gman63 says:

Sprint ST Heated Grips

I have been riding about on a Triumph Sprint ST 1050, which is a great piece of kit. But the heated grips are naff ! you could fry bacon on my other bike which has oxford grips. any idea's, anyone else found these grips look warm?

cheers

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (08 June 2009 16:31)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Karlasaki

Jul 08

Karlasaki says:

Eh?

What d'you mean mate? Do you want suggestions as to what other grips to buy? Sorry! :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Gman63

Mar 09

Gman63 says:

sprint st heated grips

Thanks for coming back... I'm curious to find out whether I'm the only sprint st rider that has found that the grips are crap. If I am, then its back to the dealer.. if I'm not then I'll be wearing different gloves in the rain..

cheers

Reply to this Topic
Karlasaki

Jul 08

Karlasaki says:

Ah right

Sorry about that. Can't really help you with the ST thing, being a ZX-10R rider, but I can tell you that Oxford heated grips are the ultimate in hand-toasting gubbins. Great kit. Oh, and Gerbing heated gloves might be an option for you mate. :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Heated grips

Worth checking that the circuitry is correct.  I wired mine in (Honda) to the information provided but they weren't 100% effective till I wired the return to earth direct to the frame instead of back into the wiring loom.  My guess is that the resistance in the return wiring was the cause.

Reply to this Topic
Gman63

Mar 09

Gman63 says:

sprint st heated grips

Thanks guys... I'll take a look and also those heated gloves!!! now thers's an idea

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle