Skip to content

Discuss This Your thoughts on ITV4s coverage of the TT TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Your thoughts on ITV4s coverage of the TT

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Your thoughts on ITV4s coverage of the TT

This year, ITV4 has spent more money on its coverage of the Isle of Man TT to make it as good as possible, but how do you think they did? Whether you think the coverage was spot on, or lacked something, post a comment below.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (10 June 2009 14:58)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tonyrs125

Mar 09

tonyrs125 says:

itv tt

i can watch it on tv, so i have to watch it on the website. for some reason it wont play the ' live tv' option when any highlight programme comes on, and i cant find any videos on the 30 day catchup.

Reply to this Topic
mistersmith

Jun 09

mistersmith says:

I think its excellent. Really good. Particularly the mad sunday Guy Martin interview. Legend!

Reply to this Topic
ryan46little

Sep 08

ryan46little says:

race coverage = good.  guy martin interviews = great.   james whitham = good.  steve parish = bad

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
seabeeahh600

Jul 07

seabeeahh600 says:

ITV

Coverage has been good, although nice to have had the programmes a bit longer, some of it seems a bit rushed... Guy Martin interview was quality and goes to show what a quality racer and bloke he is, says how it is , no bulsh**... Whitham is quality and I think Steve Parish has been good... Rossi interview by the road side, seemed a bit akward tho!!!

Reply to this Topic
martyn23

Mar 09

martyn23 says:

itv4 coverage

Not long enough between ad breaks.Last night 5mins ads then 6mins action then another 5mins ads.If there gona put so many ads on then im sky+ing it to skip them.Otherwize decent coverage.

Reply to this Topic
ChappyR1

Oct 02

ChappyR1 says:

I think the coverage has been excellent so far, very professional and so much better than what we have seen previous years. To get anything this good previously, you had to wait for the Duke DVD to come out.

Lots of really good camera work and clever shots, very good interviews (Guy Martin is a legend!), and Whitham and Parrish give a good insight as they have actually been there and done it. Thank God they got rid of that bloke from last year, Mike Brewer was it? He made me cringe every time he was on, and he'd probably never ridden a bike in his life.

All in all, top marks, very well put together.

Reply to this Topic
pearsonsnose

Apr 09

pearsonsnose says:

Brilliant

Been watching TT coverage for years and the stuff this year has been the best by a long, long way...much better than ever. Can't have been easy getting so much done in such a big place (not like short circuit racing).

Loved the slow motion cameras and the onboard quality of picture was brilliant.

The best ever IMHO

Reply to this Topic
yamanx

Aug 02

yamanx says:

Lack of Sidecars

Pretty decent coverage for solos.

Would be good to see some sidecar coverage as well

Reply to this Topic
Fixer

Aug 02

Fixer says:

TT Coverage

I think It's almost perfect. Contrary to what some others think I find Steve Parrish to be a font of interesting information and I like his style. Perhaps that's because I watched him race? Craig Doyle is a professional presenter brought in to front the programme and he does exactly that. I would have liked to have seen a bit more of the sidecar racing though. Between Matt, Steve, and James it's been a fascinating series. I hope ITV will carry on covering in the future?

Reply to this Topic
Fuller46

Apr 05

Fuller46 says:

how the hell

has steve parrish still got a commentating job.  He did shite all on a factory backed bike in GPs in the 70s and has won world champs in truck racing. His accent is annoying, his determination to not let Whitham speak is annoying, the way he spoke to the two best bike racers ever was particularly annoying. But the fact he gets paid to travel around the world talking absolute bollocks in every part of the coverage is what really grinds my gears. And craig doyle, wtf - he does rugby, football, golf, tennis and now the tt - we might as well have been watching des lynam present the racing this week.

Apart from the presenters the coverage would have been spot on but for the amount of adverts every couple of minutes. And all the same adverts too. Like anyone can remember even one of the adverts.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices