Skip to content

Discuss This Your thoughts on ITV4s coverage of the TT TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Your thoughts on ITV4s coverage of the TT

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Your thoughts on ITV4s coverage of the TT

This year, ITV4 has spent more money on its coverage of the Isle of Man TT to make it as good as possible, but how do you think they did? Whether you think the coverage was spot on, or lacked something, post a comment below.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (10 June 2009 14:58)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
amjb2112

Jul 06

amjb2112 says:

Emulsion Tea!

Unlike a lot of you I have no issue with Stavros. Like all of you I think Whitham is a complete Star - arguably the best sportsmen come commentators - full stop! I think the coverage has been superb, the camera technology used shows they've put some thought in. Guy Martin's cameo's have been brilliant - he's worth a show on his own - a sort of Fred Dibnah of bike racing - I've even tried his "Emulsion Tea" and it seems to be "reet". Re the ad's - I know they're a pain however without their money there's be no show.

Reply to this Topic
notfastenuff

Jun 09

notfastenuff says:

Impressed as well

When i was a lad, the only tt news was in MCN or MOTORCYCLE WEEKLY no tabloids no coverage on tv. Bear in mind we are a minority sport, So i think credit where iis due for really good tt news. i agree parish isn,t my cup of tea but he does know what hes talking about.  guy martins barking mad "top man".

Reply to this Topic
dave80h

Oct 08

dave80h says:

Very Good

Spot on!!! Really like the slow motion footage. Really lets you see how talented / mental these boys are. Keep it coming.

Reply to this Topic
holker110

Mar 09

holker110 says:

TT coverage

Whitham is always good, but listening to any " London-ish" voices starts to grate after a while for us Northerners !!!

Guy Martin is great on and off the bike.  Talking as fast as he rides with no edge on him at all ( F1 people take note )  Apart from a few too many  " YOU KNOWS " Guy is brilliant to listen to, what a bloke. He has got to win one this week surely.

ITV4 - good coverage but, as others have said, too many adverts and too long + the Bennetts adverts are stupid and we have to watch them twice at every break. ( I'm with C.N. ! )

When will commercial TV realise that if the adverts are short you stay by the TV - if they are long you jump up for 3 to 5 minutes to go to the Loo / make a sandwich and coffee / check you E mails / read a paper or a chapter in a book  !!!!!!!!!!!

Coverage is good but while I have nothing against Steve Parrish..........Bring back Keith Huewen as a previous comment

Reply to this Topic
bazz2

Jun 09

bazz2 says:

tt coverage

i dont get you lads over in England you have the best coverage of a brilliant sport with excellent camera work and proper commentators who know what they are talking about, and all you do is give out because parish is from london????

lads im from Ireland which doesnt cover bike racing on tv unless someone is killed and then they bitch about it as if they know what they are talking about.

whitham and parish are fantastic to listen too and by far way better than that thick jack burincal and that fat red hed who presents the superbikes on eurosport 2. now theres someone who would stop you watching bikes on tv

Anyway rant over come on the GUY MARTIN for the Senior TT!!!

Reply to this Topic
eifion60

Feb 09

eifion60 says:

Only

one hour coverage and most of it seems to be taken up by adverts!!!

Those guy's and girl got some balls, superb slow motion pictures. Would love to see Guy Martin win the senior , bet he won't be drinking tea if he wins!!

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

Commentary TT

holker110 is right Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder best comedy duo sorry ment commentary duo on the box. WSBK on sky was fantastic because of those two, watched Keith Huewen on bbc iplayer commentating on NW200 very knowledgeable always funny

Reply to this Topic
1093brown

Aug 02

1093brown says:

TT Coverage

FANTASTIC.... all those years of next to nothing....... It's been brilliant to have the TT in your room everynight. I don't care who presents it as long as I can see the racing. Please don't 'bitch' about the coverage or else some in ITV 4 will read your comments and then spend the money on something like Horse Racing !!!!

Reply to this Topic
foggie996

Jan 04

foggie996 says:

TT Coverage

Well said, Bazz2!

Parrish and Whitam make a good team, should rather use them on Eurosport2. Would improve the commentary from current blathering BS to something more authorative and entertaining.

Also want Guy Martin to get a win - but where are the Yamahas??

Reply to this Topic
9999steve

Jun 06

9999steve says:

++

Im more than pleased with the coverage and can even just put up with Mr Parrish. Im sure with ITV4 there could have been more time alocated. Would love to see it in red button format and split screen so you can watch the pits and the main race. The BBC could learn a lot from this weeks effots. Well done ITV4!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle