Skip to content

General HELP ME!!!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > HELP ME!!!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cgman

Feb 09

cgman says:

HELP ME!!!!!

i cant make my mind up.

i am hoping to get my restricted liscence within a few months and am already thinking of my next bike. i want a bike that needs restricting so i can take the limiter off after my restriction. i have found three bikes that stick out. Yamaha MT-03, Kawasaki ER-6N and the Suzuki SV650. i was wondering if anyone could give me any guidance as to which one i should go for.:huh::huh::huh:

hope everyone is enjoying the sun.:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

keep biking!!!

cgman

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (11 June 2009 19:26)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Ive ridden the SV-650 and the Kawasaki ER6 both in restricted form.  They are both good for a learner, and when the restriction is taken off, they are still good for blatting down the back roads.

To be honest though, I found the SV-650 to have a bit more grunt lower down, and as its restricted, thts where you will be using it.

I dont know how the SV is restricted, but do know the ER-6 is restricted by a screw on the injectors, which just stops the throttle being turned fully...... It would be crying shame if that fell out eh....:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

Personally

I'd try the SV.  Test ride 'em all:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Problem is getting test rides on a restricted licence... You need to threaten staff at some shops to let them give ya a go.... Although the last time I was refused, the scuffed leathers and shagged knee sliders probably didnt do me any favours.....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
wobblybiker

Mar 09

wobblybiker says:

restricted bike

I got a zx6r.  I've still got the restrictor kit if you want it!

Reply to this Topic
BadD0g

Aug 08

BadD0g says:

SV650!

I had an SV650 from new, had it restricted for a while.  Did 13,000 on it before I traded it in for a ZX-6R... I still miss it.  They're an amazing bike, loads of power but not too much, it's fairly forgiving - once you get used to it you'll be raking the nuts out of it everywhere and loving every second.  They're a real "do-everything" bike. 

I still have the odd impulse to get rid of the ninja and go back to one and fire some GSX-R forks and a new shock into it... uprate the brakes and roberts you're mother's brother - the most fun bike on the planet!

Reply to this Topic
trainerphil

Apr 09

trainerphil says:

bandit?

thought about a bandit 600 or 650?

nice 4 cylinder to play with

Reply to this Topic
oddbob

Mar 06

oddbob says:

Might be biased but

The ER6-n is the best bike ever built, by anybody, anywhere, ever.
SVs are ok too I spose. In a not quite as good as an ER6 sort of way.

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

Test rides

I've been given test rides when I have told the salesman I have just written a bike off.  Had to tell em cos they ask you to sign a declaration that you havent had an accident in the last two years.

Guess he just realised I was seriously looking to buy and wasnt just a test pilot.  Ended up buying a bike from him.  So he was happy.

Reply to this Topic
gixer750tt

May 09

gixer750tt says:

SV650

Having loved my SV650 when I had it, there's no competition in my book - although my gixer is awesome, can't beat the real sound of a v twin :smile

http://southernbiker.wordpress.com/

Reply to this Topic
cgman

Feb 09

cgman says:

thanks all

hi all

i would like to thankyou for your input, the only thing i can do now is test ride them when i have my liscence.

enjoy the sun!!

keep biking!!

cgman

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices