Skip to content

General American cops vs Brit cops .... which would you prefer?? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > American cops vs Brit cops .... which would you prefer??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

MADMARK99

Jan 05

MADMARK99 says:

American cops vs Brit cops .... which would you prefer??

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (12 June 2009 13:22)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
EasyNinja

Jul 05

EasyNinja says:

great bit of police work that

if u cant detain and handcuff a " great grandmother " ..  u shudnt be doing the job!!

And he wants 2 lose them ten frigging bellies his got!!

Im afraid it wont belong before brit cops are doing the same..

hell we kill an innocent bloke.. make up lies to cover our backs and no " cop " gets done for it..

so maybe this attitude is already here ??

very disconcerting indeed :upset:

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

thats a tad over the top..

the old lady was not a significant threat.. (i say significant, as anybody can be a threat!)

but, surley the old 'take her to the ground and cuff her was preferable?'

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Never trust a cop

My preference is for none of the scum.
They have the whip hand whatever country they're in.
Best to say yes sir and comply. It's not a good idea to argue with them because you may come up against a sadistic bully like that yank.All those doughnuts must have rotted his brain. I hope he was kicked out of the force the fat dickhead.

Reply to this Topic
dave80h

Oct 08

dave80h says:

Think twice

Well maybe the next person to complain about Brit cops treatment of them should think twice and remember this post. At least the Brit cops don't open a can of whoop ass on you and 50000 volts up yer sphincter!! You never know but Granny may have been packing some heat that is unseen by the camera. Hmmm, it's a possibility!!!! :laugh:

But on a serious note remind me not to piss an American cop off!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Camera

It's that he was happy to do with with a mic and a camera watching him which really shows up the institutional excessive force in the land of the fat, free and stupid.

Reply to this Topic
MADMARK99

Jan 05

MADMARK99 says:

Or the fact that

he is sooooo fat, she really was a threat to the tw@t

Her shouting could have caused a heart attack :ph43r:

Glad i dont live there

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Gosh

Well, that's a bit harsh.

Mind you, think about our own boys in blue at the recent protests in the city. They put out press release after press release saying that only rioters and hooligans would be in the city on that day and then proceeded to herd the peaceful protestors into dangerous tight groups. It's also illegal to film a copper. Thank god someone broke the law and caught one such "hero" killing a newspaper seller otherwise the police would have been able to claim it never happened/he fell over/he had a heart attack/it was protestors.

I don't deny that our force is probably better than many. We sure have a good contingent of well paid, professional, trained and capable people. However, they have been given too much power and held to too little account for a while now and the result is they think they have the right to operate without transparency.

Any police will have good and bad, but it's up to us to hold them to account. At the end of the day they, like civil servants and politicians, are OUR servants. WE pay THEIR wages and they answer to us.

Reply to this Topic
Mjollnir

Aug 08

Mjollnir says:

Ok I think we are all getting a bit emotional

I am not saying what the cop did is right, but why the outrage?

Is it beacuse she is a woman? surely not.

Is it because she is old? i hope not you can be a granmother at 40 quite reasonably, and that doesn't neccersarily mean she is frail.

You haven't seen the whole video, or how she acted prior to the "offensive" footage. there is the posibility she could have been armed. and even though the cop is larger than her that doesn't mean she posed no threat to him.

If the cop had been small and say female, would you be so outraged?

every year cops are killed in america doing roadside stop and searches, and it isn't always the ones who look like gang members.

Again I am not saying what he did was right, but let's have some perspective please.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

yep,

we have to make sure the tazer isnt used as a human cattle prod to get people to do things without effort, rather than a potentially deadly weapon that is supposted to be used as a last resort when a police officer feels their life is in danger.

You'll be surprised at how many people supported the police officer's use of tazer on that women on the news forum. The way they see it, "she broke the law and deserves to be punished". 

Whats really worrying is they used it on a person in their 70's, when clearly they could have been killed by a shock to the heart!

actually, our police are due to get them more widly i think:

Police to be armed with stun guns

But you can see what might happen. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle