Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Rossi takes win with last lap masterclass MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Rossi takes win with last lap masterclass

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Rossi takes win with last lap masterclass

Fiat Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo was denied a win at his home Grand Prix after Valentino Rossi showed why he his world champion with an amazing final lap battle. From the beginning of the race Rossi, Lorenzo and Casey Stoner broke from the rest of the riders, but the pace was too quick for Stoner, who soon dropped of from the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (14 June 2009 14:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bottomley3131

Aug 07

oh my god

That was ace got to love Rossi,did not like Lorenzo comment after Rossi congratulated him,i remember a Mr stoner saying the same kind of thing last year at Laguna hope he can back it up better then stoner.

Reply to this Topic
bestd955

Feb 05

bestd955 says:

brill

What a stunning race, and win, but please give us back live eurosport coverage. Ryder and Moody would have being going ballistic with that race 

Reply to this Topic
seanogorman1

Aug 06

seanogorman1 says:

The Greatest!

And that is why Rossi is the greatest rider of all time ............

nuff said...

i see james had another solid performance , hes proving to be really consistant...at getting just out side the top ten.

i suppose there will be a press release soon saying " i was unlucky" he said to suzi perry just before the race that he should get a top four.......he missed a bit  he should have said top fourteen.

i dont think theres room for him in WSBK at the moment.

JAMES FOR BSB 2010

Reply to this Topic
hjworton

Aug 02

hjworton says:

It says everything about the series these days that VR has to push at 100% to win a race. Fantastic action though it was, it makes me wonder about the quality of it all. I would love to see them race without all the electronic controls on the bikes - these guys are the best, surely they don't need traction control, launch control etc ? Anyway, it was still a great race but a dumbed-down one, I think.

Reply to this Topic
jamierob

Feb 09

jamierob says:

I think Lorenzo was unlucky, but well done to Rossi. After all the wins he has had it amazes me that his desire to win is still soo strong.  Now Sean, about JT this post was about rossi and Lorenzo and he didnt say top 4, So you think that a former 2 time WSB champion that has had a rough time in moto gp wont go to WSB because he wont get an offer, so mate do eveyone a favour and get your head examined.

Reply to this Topic
gordyboy18

Jul 03

gordyboy18 says:

That has to be one of the greatest ever last laps of any motorsport, not just bike racing, and it could have gone either way, but it's also a perfect example of why I'm a Valentino Rossi fan.

He's got more character and personality than the rest of the field put together and this alone is enough for some people to call themselves Rossi fans, but for me it's just the icing on the cake.

For me he is, was and always shall be the greatest motorcycle racer of all time. He can do things that are seemingly impossible on a racing motorcycle and he's done more for the sport than even he realises. I'll be a fan til I die.

Reply to this Topic
Neverking

Jul 08

Neverking says:

Awesome

That's how it's done! Those last three laps were just mental! Forza Rossi!!

Reply to this Topic
bicon

Jun 03

bicon says:

Not only the greatest last lap in GP history, but the best teamwork. Rossi and Burgess are unique. Maybe Valle was inspired by his first visit to the Isle of Man this week!

Reply to this Topic
Pgracing

Apr 09

Pgracing says:

Lorenzo did spit his dummy out or was it his lollipop after the race with what he said about beating him in nex race....bring it on rossi is the man, the greatest , just so glad I was put on this earth to witness the skill an masterclass from the man who where's no 46

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

rossi-league of his own

What a race!  Lorenzo put up a tremendous fight  but always beware an angry rossi backed into a corner.  Like laguna last year he needed to win today, and so we as fans were treated to that final1% performance ability  that separates the great riders from the motorcycle gods.  There will be a day when the names lorenzo, stoner, and yes pedrosa will be legen...wait for it...dary.  There will be a time when the young wolves are willing to take risks that rossi wont.  You can see it in action a little bit already.  The young guns go like banshees every practice like it was their last, whereas rossi saves his "remove brain-twist throttle" moments for the race itself.  Someday even that wont be worth the risk for rossi.  But thank all that is good and holy that that was not today.  For today Rossi removed his brain in the last corner of the last lap, chucked the bike on its ear and pinned it.  And the racing world was left in humbled awe with the reminder that not all racers are created equal.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle