Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: James Toseland deflated after dismal 13th MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: James Toseland deflated after dismal 13th

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: James Toseland deflated after dismal 13th

James Toseland cut a disconsolate figure in the Catalunya paddock today after he slumped to a bitterly disappointing 13th place in a red-hot Montmelo MotoGP race. Starting from his best grid position of the year in ninth, the 28-year-old fluffed the start on his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 YZR-M1 and was left languishing down in 15th place on the opening lap. It...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 June 2009 15:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Plan next year

Would be your best choice James , Like many other contributers on this forum we still think you are good enough to stay in Gps .But as usual unless you are Italian ,Spanish or an Aussie ,you get 1 and if youre lucky 2 seasons and you gotta come up with a miracle.Superbikes for the Brits and always will be .

Reply to this Topic
hjworton

Aug 02

hjworton says:

I think we are mostly all agreed that if JT could be around the top 6 or 7 at most races, and the bike is capable of that, then he would certainly get another shot next season. At the least he should be battling Edwards on the other Tech 3 bike. It is still not too late for him but many more fluffed starts will mean he needs to find another ride in 2010, sadly. I hope he can prove his doubters wrong, me included, but it does not look good for him right now.

Reply to this Topic
kegsy39

Oct 02

kegsy39 says:

james toseland

Yeh i agree with you two guys, for toseland to get another ride next year hes got to stop moping about and do what he does best and thats showing us and mainly himself that he can get top 6 finishes, and stuff it up that yank edwards whoes a first class pratt.

Reply to this Topic
Pgracing

Apr 09

Pgracing says:

Just really disapponted

I post commets about jts progress quite often. I have defended him on all occasions and this may seem now that I am being negative towards him but I Am just really disapponted I just want a Brit doing well in gp.I hope he improves and sorts himself out I will keep cheering him no matter what even if that's cheering him in wsb or even bsb nex year( you never no) so come on jt just ride it like u stole it cause we always support you........

Reply to this Topic
bolland27

Jun 09

bolland27 says:

Toseland Catalunya

Big fan of Toseland but feel that next year him and Ben Spies will be swapping rides!!!!

Will be a great shame to see him leave MotoGP but better to have a top WSB Yamaha ride than hang on to MotoGP in a Ducati satellite team....!

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

JT back to WSB?

As I have said before I would prefer to see JT winning in WSBk rather than be finishing 6th or lower,I just dont think there are many SBk racers who can take to a Moto Gp bike (Edwards has done reasonably well but will never be champion.) Will Spies move to GPs and win,we will have to wait and see? But it may turn out he to is a out and out SBk rider.Prehaps our best hope is Bradley Smith?

Reply to this Topic
jamie46rossi

Jun 09

jamie46rossi says:

WSB

Hi

I think that if JT doesn't finish in the top 6 at least 3 times this year and by some slim chance he gets an offer forr next year he should turn it down and go to WSB where he would be a title contender. He just has to face the fact that he cant ride a moto gp bike as well as he can ride a superbike.

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

JT WSBK bound!

..exactly what I have been saying since he went to Moto GP!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

JT

I agree with a lot of the above comments and would like to see JT improve before the season ends however if he does leave Moto GP I wonder why so many think he will just walk back to WSB and on a top bike.There are a lot of good riders and a lack of competitive machinery in superbikes and if he does manage to get a good deal he will have to ride better than ever because the pace is far better than when he left.As we know Edwards has been linked to joining Biaggi on the Aprilia and personally if Spies leaves I do not think James will get his ride but I may be wrong.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

JT-BSB??

Yes a good point,don't think JT would necessarily get Spies bike or indeed any other top ride just on past merits as competition is now far more fierce for top rides.Maybe like Hodgeson rebuild his career at grass roots in BSB (no shame in that at all)!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices