Skip to content

General CBT Done what next? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > CBT Done what next?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

BikeDream

May 09

BikeDream says:

CBT Done what next?

At last managed to sort out a instructer and completed CBT.  Really enjoyed it especially the hour ride out at the end.

But what now having spoke to instructer he recons it will cost almost £700 to get through new test and wont get done before september!
so wat do you recon should i get 125 for the rest of the year and then hopefully b next year the test centres will  have sorted themselves out, or bite the bullet and just get booked in for mod1 asap (end july)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 June 2009 21:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NoobRider

May 09

NoobRider says:

What next

I got my CBT done in April and couldnt decide which way to go. When i did decide i traded in the trusty old scooter and bought myself a Yamaha YBR125. Brilliant bike to learn on i think. £99 deposit then £50 a month over 3 years was better than trying to find a decent 2nd hand 125 which you have no comeback on. The 2nd hand prices are extremely high as well. Got  the new bike for a few hundred quid more than the same 2 year old bikes. I need a bike to get to work as well and i couldnt afford the £500/600 outlay for the DAS. So im gonna get a years experience on the YBR and then look to take my test spring next year! Hopefully the experience i gain will mean i wont need quite as many days training for the the full test! Hopefully:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
trainerphil

Apr 09

trainerphil says:

1 hour road ride

I am gobsmacked to hear you went through your cbt in 3 hrs. That is amazing .

considering you have to do a minimum of 2 hours road ride by law !

Element A takes about 45 mins if done properly,

Helmets, gloves, jackets, trousers and boots

Element B takes about 30 to 45 mins.

Daily checks/weekly checks, controls familiarisation, on and off the stands etc

Element c can take at least 2 hrs considering you have to do slow speed control, u turns, figure of eights, left and right turns, emergency stops,

Element D is about 1 hour long covering what you might find out on the road, legal requirements,anticipation,etc etc hazard perception.

So if its done properly it should have taken at least 6 hrs.

Scary isnt it that someone with not as much skill as yourself is allowed to ride un acompanied on public roads with only half the information and skill they should have been taught ?

If you only did 1 hour on the road then the training school should be reported to the DSA immediately

They will have thier licence to teach revoked.

This is obviously making money and not teaching people properly.

Also if more than 2 trainees went out on the road together with one instructor then that is illegal too.

And then you wonder why in experienced riders get hurt and killed. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices