Skip to content

Riding & events Module 1 swerve danger Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Riding Skills > Module 1 swerve danger

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Big Ian  says:

Module 1 swerve danger

Having just taken and failed the Module 1 test(14-06-09), I would like to share my thoughts on the issue. I am in my fifties with 34 years accident-free car driving experience. Many years ago I rode mopeds, scooters and a new 1975 Honda CB200, which was a very good all round machine. However now I find myself restricted to a 125cc as...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (19 June 2009 11:01)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mac1603

Nov 11

mac1603 says:

Easy if you take the time to learn

I only did my CBT mind sept but did my Mod 1 test last monday and passed with no minors, then took my Mod 2 test last friday and passed with 6 minors with no lessons. It's really not difficult if you take the time to practice. I spent about half an hour each evening just practicing the Mod 1. You just need to drive exactly how you should on your test to drill the routine into you.

Reply to this Topic
mikeblob

Apr 12

mikeblob says:

I ride the same bike, it's not hard

I, like you, ride a yamaha dragstar 125. It may be a big heavy cruiser but the manouver is still not hard. All you have to think about is "left ellbow down, then right elbow down"

Reply to this Topic
number1barber

Oct 12

Looking forward to mod 1

I recently took my CBT and advised the school i was looking to go full bike. I have been driving for a few years and the instructor said that the cbt would be pointless as it wont take anytime as i know how to ride so tested me as if it was a full bike test. After he said that i would fly a Mod 1 but would maybe need 1 days training for mod 2. I see alot of comments about the cost yet a mod 1 is only £15 and i have been told is harder than the mod 2 by a mate who done both recently. The annoying part is that i only want the licence to carry a passenger yet none of it is to do with carrying a passenger which i think is rubbish? Im taking automatic only yet i am restricted to a 250 for 2 years yet if i pass geared i can go and drive a 1600 with a passenger what is all that about? surely use of gears isnt a indicator of a good driver?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices