Skip to content

Discuss This Honda boss says new V4 will be ‘a new breed of bike' New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda boss says new V4 will be ‘a new breed of bike'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Honda boss says new V4 will be ‘a new breed of bike'

Honda’s hotly-anticipated new V4-powered bike will be seen in finished form this autumn and will be in dealers next spring, Honda’s Senior Managing Director Shigeru Takagi has confirmed. In a rare interview last week, Takagi – who was celebrating Honda’s 50 years of racing at the Isle of Man TT – said the bike will be a “new breed of Honda”. MCN...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 June 2009 13:37)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigeleaton

Jun 04

nigeleaton says:

New Honda V4

One thing for sure, whatever MCN think it's going to be it will be something very different or not exist at all. Doubtless they will have their "insider" give them unique insight as they have done when announcing either a new VFR or a new Blackbird for years.

Reply to this Topic
r1stevie

Oct 08

r1stevie says:

joe slow

take it youve not got a new civic then i have and theres plenty rear vision  and its a top car  honda are genius they are buy far the most advanced bike car company today  ive got the car a crf enduro  and i also do trials on a honda montesa 4rt   and im saving know for the new v4  hondas have a balance you just cant explain  its almost enginered in  my enduro is the same weight as my mates ktm but the honda just feels lighter better built  [and he agrees ]  id bet my house on this bike being realy special  not just small track day special but alround  

Reply to this Topic
mr zulu

Mar 07

mr zulu says:

sports tourer??

there already out there i reckon.you can tour all day on all of the gsxr's. i know they are considered full on sports bikes but  they are able to do both.honda need to build a man sized bike,not a pocket rocket.with high torque high rev's all with good handling and in a package pleasing to the eye with low maintanance and witha reasonable price tag.sub £9000

Reply to this Topic
scorpiomia

May 09

scorpiomia says:

new V4

what excites me is the quote "more bikes from the V4 platform are possible." 1200cc V74 Magna anyone?

Reply to this Topic
dazj

Aug 03

dazj says:

Aprilia RS V4 anyody

Okay so I've had a drink, but it seems to me that having decided tens of years ago that a V4 was the perfect biking engine, the mighty H has been shown how to do it properly by  Ducati and Aprilia!

I guess they are doing what they did in the 60's and 70's, looking at what is setting the world alight and copying it. Possibly better, but not such a meteoric leap as back then.

I'll wait to be convinced.

Reply to this Topic
MichaleYi

Jun 09

MichaleYi says:

"The bike is different to the concept shown for the first time at Milan in 2009 but the link between them is very clear to see.”

Really~? Just waiting......

------------------------------

Jincheng ax100

Reply to this Topic
hkp1

Jun 05

hkp1 says:

V4

Honda stopped making the perfect V4! There is no need for 1200cc's, a modern 400cc V4 pocket rocket would be a blast

Reply to this Topic
kiwikeith

Nov 05

kiwikeith says:

Service & plonkers

Just imagine receiving the 24.000k service Invoice. Fuuuuuuuuuuk This is one of the reasons I got rid of the VFR800 the servicing costs were just way over the top. I went back to an in line four, service costs are still high but 40% on average less than the V4 Honda.

But knowing Honda they will have got the new V4 right, and this bullshit about copying Ducati and Aprillia is a load of old dogs poop. Honda has been turning out V4 engines for nigh on 30 years. I suggest  Dazi that you have another drink, or better still sober up before you attack the keyboard whilst under the influence of "P, beer, or whatever you take as a stimulant". So wipe your chin and of to bed you go. And don't be silly because no one likes you when you are being silly.

Reply to this Topic
smited01

Aug 02

smited01 says:

VTEC?

Let's hope it has the smothness and torque of the Blackbird, the power of the Busa and none of that VTEC nonsense.

Reply to this Topic
MotoJack

Jun 09

MotoJack says:

Let it be lighter please

I ride the ST1300 and think it's a great bike and it does everything I expect.Plenty power,handles well,I like the looks,it's very reliable,it pulls our trailer with little effort etc.etc.However....it's really a heavy beast and it's kinda topheavy.I hope Honda will be able to make the new V4 lighter.If they can't do that,then I wish they'd put a reverse gear like they have on the Wings.The ST1300 has more "T" than "S" and that's what I want but it really is much heavier than it needs to be.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle