Skip to content

Discuss This Norton sets price of Commando 961 at £15,995 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Norton sets price of Commando 961 at £15,995

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Norton sets price of Commando 961 at £15,995

Norton has set the price of its new Commando 961 at £15,995 with the first of the pre-production bikes expected to be built at the end of July. The Commando is the first bike the newly-British owned firm will be selling and represents the end of the work started on the parallel twin machine by the previous American owner Kenny Greer. Norton...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (19 June 2009 14:24)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
majvs3628

Mar 09

majvs3628 says:

Shame

What a shame. At £16k much too rich for my blood. I was going to delay buying a new bike until the new Norton was put on sale this summer. However, I suspected that the price would be ridiculous so I went ahead and bought a Bonnie instead.

Reply to this Topic
pervybrian

Jul 09

pervybrian says:

Commando 961

And in two years time, you could buy another Bonnie from the money you saved - and Norton still won't have a new Commando for you to buy.

Bunch of dreamers who won't last the year, judging by their performances to date.

Reply to this Topic
chmeee5

Oct 09

chmeee5 says:

Norton sets price of Commando 961

My take on this is that I really hope they sell these limited edition bikes and prosper enough to continue and produce more reasonably priced bikes in the future. Here in OZ though, they will still find eager buyers.

Even then, I believe they will be in the niche market that has MV, Benelli etc.

Well at least until Triumph buys them out.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle