Skip to content

General Bent Coppers. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Bent Coppers.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Bent Coppers.

I`ll keep this as short as poss.

My mate passed a long line of stationary traffic at some roadworks traffic lights and waited at the front for a green light. He noticed the bloke in the front car was flashing his headlights and doing some fist waving.

The lights changed and he went. In the mirrors he could still see the guy was raging at being passed by a bike. At the next roundabout this bloke tried to pass him on the inside and then swerved in to the side of him to try and knock him off. My bud kicked the side of the car and beat a hasty retreat, ( he thought they might be gypo`s).

Next thing he knows the police are at his house and he`s been arrested for criminal damage to a police car! He`s been bailed. :mad:

I`m not confident of the truth coming out here. :mad:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (20 June 2009 18:38)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheshirekat

Jun 09

cheshirekat says:

No insurance

Then there was the one just before the Lord Chief High Executioner passed his test and we had seen a bike and bought it. As he who must be obeyed had broken his ankle his mate delivered said bike in his van. Pulled up, pulled bike out of van, then walked up to see where we wanted bike.

Copper followed him up, and asked who's bike it was as it was badly parked. Anyway asked to see ins papers and licence. When he saw  licence was provision to court it went. Ins co went to court to say as bike was parked it was insured, friend went to say he had delivered bike, Copper should have taken stand and said he was ill could he be excused, judge said yes, I said garbage!

He who must be obeyed got off with it, cos cop had left court without giving evidence, I get £30 contempt of court. Copper got moved to another area. Result

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cheshirekat

Jun 09

cheshirekat says:

Disclosure

There is a document called disclosure and your mate could apply to the court to put a disclosure document on the Police so that they have to produce ALL the evidence. Will probably say that they have not got it, but CPS would not be happy at hiding evidence.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Plain cars

Some are just plain because they need transport from A to B and don't want to pay to mark them up or equip them.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Thanks

for all your imput Chesherkat and all.

I`ll keep you all posted on developments.

CM.

Reply to this Topic
Mjollnir

Aug 08

Mjollnir says:

OK polaying devils advocate

as you are not supposed to over take the front vehicle at traffic lights, is it not possible that the lights flashing was the police trying to pull you mate over for a chat, and the "fist waving" was also the officer trying to jesture for you mate to pull over. The "inside passing" manouvre could have just been the police trying to pull alongside to again attract your mates attention, and the swerve into the side may have been an attempt to turn in front of the bike, and block his progress, but inaccurately judged the bikes accelleration and nearly broadsided him.

All of the above may be bollocks, but every story has two sides, and it is very easy to just blame the police for everything.

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

No defense

For kicking a panel.  Regardless of whether the cop had been driving badly.

The not overtaking the front car only applies at a crossing marked with zig zags.  This was roadworks.  So as long as he didnt pass the when red light shows wait here sign he didnt break the law.

Reply to this Topic
incognito96

May 07

incognito96 says:

bent coppers

what you must do if the car wasn,t camered,go to court and argue the toss that as the car approached you menacingly beside you,it swerved causing you to unbalance and your leg came out in order to miantain your balance,don,t admit anything.Don,t tell the truth,go down lying,cause if you go down telling the truth you,ll kick yourself.

Reply to this Topic
dave80h

Oct 08

dave80h says:

Bent Cops

Mojllnir couldn't have put it better myself, very true every story has two sides. Just so happens that your mate MAY have got the wrong end of the stick with regards to the drivers actions.

Chesirekat: you put a complaint in EVERY time? Please remember that a police officer does not need a reason to stop a vehicle being driven on a road. Under the Road Traffic Act a police officer can stop ANY vehicle that is being driven on a road and require the driver to produce their driving docs.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices