Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jonboymp

Jan 09

jonboymp says:

First Service ZX6R

Guys,
        AM in the forces based in Germany and have a new ZX6R which is nearly up for its first service, I have been quoyed 160 euros at the main Kwaka dealership or 100 euros at a nearby small private dealership both will stamp my service book.  What do you think, is it better to got to the Kwaka main dealership for a first service or will i be OK at the smaller private dealership? Someone at Kwaka told me that the first service is very important and must be done at a main dealership. Advice please guys !

Smudger

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (23 June 2009 21:16)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

First Service ZX6R

Having been called a boring old fart more than once on this site, you'll not be surprised that I recommend going to the authorised dealer, at least for the first service.  If anything should go wrong after this, they wouldn't be able to use the "if only you'd brought it to us" excuse.

Reply to this Topic
mrh3369

Jun 06

mrh3369 says:

Main agent.

Whilst under the warranty period I would always use the main agent for servicing just in case anything does go wrong you should then have no problems with warranty claims. may cost a few bucks more but probably worth it for peace of mind.

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

First service

Hi jonboymp. Do you have a time limit to get the bike serviced in. I had two months. Have you tried phoning your dealer and explaining your position. Do you know when you,ll be back home and see if they can work around those dates. Im sure they will say it has to be a main dealer to cover your warranty..

Reply to this Topic
fastasfox

Jan 08

fastasfox says:

main dealer

I would stick to the main dealer for the first 5k after that you should be ok.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle