Skip to content

Discuss This New Honda V4 sports-tourer revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Honda V4 sports-tourer revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New Honda V4 sports-tourer revealed

Honda’s new V4 – the beginning of a ‘new breed of bike’ according to the firm – is today revealed in MCN as a 1200cc sports-tourer closely related to the concept revealed in Autumn. World exclusive: official pics of new Honda V4 revealed in MCN The firm is still surveying potential buyers about the concept, but MCN’s scoop reveals at least...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 June 2009 09:42)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mojocrew

Jun 09

mojocrew says:

I ride all types of motorcycles' but why after all these years of gp racing do honda come up with a v4 shaft driven  sports tourer when they already have a vfr 800 ? what folks want Mr Honda is a sexy slick 200mph  v4 race rep''  what ever next a solar powered allistair darling rep complete with stablisers and luminous tassles on the bar ends capable of a shattering 20mph fitted with a sat nav that alerts the rider as to the location of primary schools.

Reply to this Topic
kawarablue

Feb 06

kawarablue says:

VFR 1200

I think Spondonste [Another Japanese Minger] has hit the nail on the head. At the end of the day, or should I say beginning of every day, I've got to open my garage doors and LOOK at what I am about to ride before RIDING IT. As for my blue shiny 2005 Blackbird, every morning I think yeah and smile; may be not MV Agusta F4 1000 yeah, but yeah none the less; makes me feel good just looking at it. It works - easy on the eye as they say and it still packs enough punch to be very scary from time to time . . . . and dated though it now is . . .  it does still turn heads believe it or not. With all the hype around this new VFR/Blackbird replacement, Honda seemed to have missed an opportunity here to create a really drop dead gorgeous bike and thereby stimulate real lust in the eyes of potential buyers. This is a shame, for me certainly, as I simply could be doing with an "Oh my god, what have I done" moment every morning I open those garage doors. Why Mr Honda could not have learned from Ducati or MV heavens knows [not as if the proof was difficult to see]. So it looks like I'll be keeping the Bird just that bit longer now unless a lotto miracle happens in which case, I may be found wandering dangerously close to an MV dealership.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

FAKE?

The so called 'photos' of the bike in  MCN look terrible, they are denying that it is another of their dodgy 'photoshop specials'

Even if MCN did not put together another dodgy photoshop montage, It certainly looks as if someone else has as these pictures in the paper bare no resemblance to photos at all, poor quality or not!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
warprints

Jun 06

warprints says:

Ugg.

I've been a VFR800 rider for ten years (during that time also have Wee-Strom and Goldwing).  Rode a CBR1000F before that.   I have been anxiously awaiting the rumored VFR, but from the photos - uggg.   I think I might take another look at the FJR1300.    Sorry, but I agree with some other posters - I do have to look at the bike before I ride it.

Reply to this Topic
Pyak

Feb 09

Pyak says:

Listen to MR Honda.

Hi All,

Sorry to sound brainwashed, but when the head honcho at Honda says that this bike is going to be on another planet, I will have to take notice. I know what honda are like, when they built the VTec system criticism said it was Too complicated 5 Million units later without a major breakdown.

When I bought one of the first VF400Rs in the early 80s people said the anti dive brakes were too complicated. I Loved them, they saved my butt a few times when the front end stayed level through a corner (With Brakles ON)  that on any other bike was TOO Fast. I did things on that bike that I thought should have been impossible.

Now when Mr Honda says THIS bike is going to be on another planet compared to the rest, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, UNTIL I ride IT. If it looks a bit naff, well so have a few other Honda's before this. But for ME, I REALLY care about how it rides, will the technology save my life repeatedly, is it SUPER (Hayabusa) Fast, is It Reliable etc etc.

I can't wait, people said ABS would never catch on with bikes, well a lot of bikes have them now. With the BMW Superbike ABS/Traction Control the biking world is about to change again me thinks (HOPES).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices