Skip to content

Ask an Expert New Bike for the Wife Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > New Bike for the Wife

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JerryT1000

Jun 09

JerryT1000 says:

New Bike for the Wife

Hi

Currently my wife has a Hornet and is looking for a new bike. She is a little short in the leg for the Hornet and struggles to move the bike around when she is on it. Do you have any ideas on a bike with a lower seat height that isn't a Harley/Chopper.

We are looking at the Ducatti Monster with the lower seat but would prefer a bike with at least a small fairing if possible??

Any Ideas???

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (24 June 2009 10:13)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Low seat height

Kawasaki ZZR600.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

low seat

how about a cbf 600,my 1000 has an ajustable seat.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Low Seat

What cc are you considering. Are you going to a 750/1000 or staying at 600 cc

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Jaffa

A BMW R1200GS has an adjustable seat. Doesn't mean it's low though... It adjusts from Extremely high, down to just very high... LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

ER6F?

Its not as fast as a hornet (70bhp vs 100) but it has a low seat and is very narrow so its a lot easier to get your feet down - I can balance mine comfortably on both feet when necessary - for example high wind! Its also quite light.

Going down in performance and price again the Ninja 250 is getting very popular with ladies because it is small and light. I'm quite tempted for my next commuter.

Get her to have a sit on Have a SV(s) and a Fazer as well. They aren't the first choice because the ER6 are lower and narrower but they are great bikes too.

Reply to this Topic
Sanjuricus

Apr 09

Sanjuricus says:

ZZR600

Here I go again, harping on about the ZZR600....seat is rather low as said above. Plus its fast as fuck!!! and the seat is comfy, not a square of chipboard covered in 1cm foam!!!!

Reply to this Topic
CarsOrBikes

Jun 08

CarsOrBikes says:

same

er6f as above, not much else around, but nothing like a monster at all, maybe just get it, as the fairings in question on bikes like you may be looking at are of questionable value really, the rep of the monster, and if she likes it, may make up for it. 

Reply to this Topic
carolineinoz

Jun 09

carolineinoz says:

Low seat

I'm new to this lark, but being a 5'6" female, was also looking for a low seat height. I had the shortlist down to SV650S and ER-6f. The ER was more comfortable for me (I could get both feet down and preferred the higher riding position). However, the SV650S with lowered seat could also be an option if your wife prefers the lower riding position.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices