Skip to content

Ask an Expert Contesting speed ticket? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Contesting speed ticket?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dnabsuh

Jun 09

dnabsuh says:

Contesting speed ticket?

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not to MCN which I've been reading for years.  Hope you can help me with a speeding ticket.

After being notified I was speeding, I asked for proof of offence and was duly sent a couple of photos of a bike travelling toward the speed camera van, which may or may not be me.

My question is - surely a number plate should be visible on the photo, if this is evidence they're using against me? :upset:

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (25 June 2009 23:49)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Contesting speeding ticket

Key thing is - was it you, really?  If you've been visiting this forum for some time, you'll have read about the case of a persistent wheelier being done by identifying unique details on his bike via examination of photographic evidence.  Be sure they can't do this to you before making a fuss.

Reply to this Topic
dnabsuh

Jun 09

dnabsuh says:

speeding ticket

ta for reply.Yes it was me and i have descided to bight the bullet and not contest it,it just seems to me that if I genuinely thought it was mistaken identity,It would be a nightmare putting over my case,and it makes me wonder why the say so of the camera operator carries any weight when the only evidence is the front view of an anonymous pic of a guy on a bike.Oh well,who gives a monkeys!We will all be off the road soon the way things are going.

Reply to this Topic
sheepshank

Jun 09

sheepshank says:

They must have got your number plate

to know where to post the ticket too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN