Skip to content

General HA HA HA HA INSURANCE COMPANIES... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > HA HA HA HA INSURANCE COMPANIES...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

HA HA HA HA INSURANCE COMPANIES...

Fook the make me laugh !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Its that time of year again folks.  The Fuzzrr insurance lottery game............

Got a  reminder (and I will name them) from AQuote last week reminding me that my Ins was up in July and they had quite kindly sent me a renewal, and if I was happy with it I didnt have to do anything and they would just take payment when the time came.  It was for £388, £400 Excess, No ride any other bike, and not protected.

Now as I was paying £285 on a brand new K7 750, I thought that was on the steep side.  Ok fair enough I wrote a bike off in 2007 (fault), and another in 2008 (non-fault), but still innit.

So I recieve a call yesterday from MCE ins. "can we give you a quote"....I said I was in a rush and if they couldnt knock £100 off £388, then not to bother. Low and behold they got me a quote for £288 with £400 excess. I told them I would pay it today.

So, I thought I would phone AQuote to tell them the good news. They asked what my best quote was and i told them £266...... Well what do you know, the originl insurers who quoted £388 have now dropped to £250 with a £300 excess, ride any bike, and protected no claims........:blink::blink::blink::blink:

Needless to say I phoned MCE up to tell them and now await their call........... :lol::lol::lol:

Fookin rip off bastards !!!!!

Moral of the story, never pay the renewal offer they send through the post to you.......

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (27 June 2009 12:59)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

they

know some people cant be bothered to look around so take advantage of that.

ifi get a 600 supersport next year im looking at 7-£800 fully comp with all beneftits, ride abroad, any bike , breakdown thats with a years no claims.

suppose thats one benefit of being over 30 hey fuzz:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ranksounds

Jul 07

ranksounds says:

money grabbing

bar stewards.

They hope that people are too lazy to check out other quotes.

Hope it keeps getting cheaper for you

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

I WILL NOT QUIT !!!!!!!

Im going for it this year and will not stop until I get it for free, with a complimentary petrol voucher....... :roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
pup's

Apr 08

pup's says:

fuzzrr

You hang in there mate.I got my renewal last month which was £299 not protected,no other bike and 500 excess. In the end i have got it for £94 f/comp with protected with other bikes the excess is still 500 so i shal just have to wrap up in cotton wool every time i go out. 

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Wouldn't have back

with AQuote on principle. If they can't / don't give you their best price first time  -  ie, try and lever as much cash out of you as poss' - then they don't deserve your business full stop.

If I come accross any unpricipled behaviour by companies like this I just walk elsewhere.

All the best on the free ins + petrol though.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Moved this year as well

was £500 with bennets, down to £250 with Swinton (Grouprama), lower xs and same cover

Bye bye Bennetts

Reply to this Topic
stephen01

May 07

stephen01 says:

Stayed

With Hastings, £187 fully comp £200 excess, as this is an additional bike (FJR1300) worked out cheaper to insure everything seperate, insuring them on a combined policy worked out 0ver £100 more expensive:shock: done exactly the same with our 3 cars and saved over £150 by insuring them all seperate, so dont believe the telly adds saying you can save £sss on combined policies.. keep shopping around:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
jonwat9r

Feb 05

jonwat9r says:

HA HA HA HA INSURANCE COMPANIES...

renewal from bennetts 205 up from 140 tpf+t few minutes on comparison sites and a call FROM 1 company 150 fully comp ride other bikes protected ncb foreign cover :biggrin:

955i daytona

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ryan46little

Sep 08

ryan46little says:

oh you lucky bastards :mad: i payed £850 last september for a pissing 125.

downside of being 18 :mad:

Reply to this Topic
deadloud

Aug 03

deadloud says:

Insurance

I change my insurance thieves nearly every year, it's the bloody excess that riles me ... £400.00 and £450.00 is not uncommon. They even charged me an extra tenner for putting pipes on the Hayabusa that "increase power up to 5%" ... like when and where am I going to use an extra 5% on that missile?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices