Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six

James Toseland was jubilant after he stormed to his best result of a troubled 2009 season in today’s Dutch MotoGP race. The British rider ended a titanic midfield scrap in sixth position to claim his best result since the Australian GP in Phillip Island last season. Boosted by having Yamaha boss Masahiko Nakajima as a constant companion in his Monster Yamaha Tech...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (27 June 2009 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

lucky

can any toseland fan honestly say he won 6th place on his own ! i like the guy but there was alot of luck involved elias taking loris out and kalio binning it on the last few corners but they had all overtaken jt .i still dont see a turn around in his fortunes edwards still out paces him every race..

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Hhhmmmm,.. no...

I think you'll find that Kallio wiped himself out trying to push too hard on the last few corners on a more than dead SOFT rear tyre, it was always gonna happen. Elias and Cappa caught themselves out pushing it at a 'racing incident' and Toesland was duly there to clean up. Call it how you like... but people always say it's luck when things pan out unexpectedly... fact is,.. Cappa and Elias lost their mojo, and Toesland didn't. I'm hoping it's the start of the turn around, but time will tell!

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Stoner27

You talk out of your proverbial.  Toseland can't win can he, comes 12th gets slagged down finishes sixth get's slagged down!  You make your own luck in Moto Gp and Toseland had a little luck today, good for him.  He may not be a whining over-rated Aussie who thinks he's going to win another championship, but Toseland gives it his all, it may not be good enough to stay in Moto Gp, but he doesn't ever go blaming other riders for the position he's in!

Casey you're over-rated just like Edwards and you should be also looking over your shoulder for next season, cos you ain't gonna win this year....

Well done Rossi another masterclass, can't wait for Donnington WSBK tomorrow come on Leon.

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Toseland

I dont hate the bloke,but last Yamaha again.Plus Elias/Capirossi gifted positions along with Pedrosa/Dovi and then you realise 6th place was a bit lucky.Every one deserves a bit of luck but all 4 yamahas are factory ones.I cringe now just watching.

Reply to this Topic
robjohnson81

May 09

robjohnson81 says:

Jonnyrocket, your way off about Stoner, Ive followed his career for years and always rated him, I even predicted his championship win well before the season even started as hes so good. Stick any other rider on that Duke and see where they come, he was mega in his first year and if Rossi and Lorenzo arnt carefull he'll take it this year as well. I think JT gave his all today and thats as much as we'll ever see him do in MotoGP he just isnt fast enough on the GP bikes, he could have easy come 11th today and should really be beating Colin or up his chuff at the least

Reply to this Topic
kirklet

Apr 06

kirklet says:

JT's detractors

JT rode a bloody good race today after bolloxing up his start. He wasn't gifted fuck all on the last corner and the only reason Elias and Capi were ahead of JT into the final chicane is because of Tiger toni's erratic riding on the last lap, he barged through on turn 10 and thats the only reason Capi got past JT  ! JT was more then a match for these guys through the course of the race, he's made good progress over the last few races and hopefully he'll only get better. I swear some of you wankers only see what you want to see, or perhaps only post stinky bait because you really have nothing better to do with your spare time.

James leads and lives the life that all of his fuckwit critics would give their right arm for. It all boils down to the green eyed monster you sad set of tossers ;)

Reply to this Topic
bottomley3131

Aug 07

????

how is he gifted places he did not fall off he did not take anybody out so that means he was better on the day then the people that did.

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

Elias is a total ..

Personally if I were a fan of his I would be so emabarassed. He has barged and bashed his way through the season. Nearly totally bolloxing Toselands efforts today. Surely he should get a ban or something. Oh! he a works Honda rider that can't happen. If u can't get by, don't just take out the guy infront, come on! to preserve this game and to keep it in any shape or form a SPORT, sort these persistant wankers out.

Any body who denies Stoner, as quick enough to justify his position is not really fair at all. He nearly won Philip Island on a customer Honda. NO ONE HAS DONE THAT BEFORE OR SINCE SO EASILLY. Yes he crashed a lot, but he had proper pace. I say again; if he was not on the Ducati, they would be joke, and probably long ago given up.

Theres still 9? races to go and Tose is improving , he was the best of the rest today. Unfortunately he might not get up to top 4 pace.  But thats no reason to be embarrassed and start slagging him off to save having any link to actually having supported him. Ooh you don,t support him do you? have you just trod in shit cause you smell. Grow up and get behind our best bet and a rider to be proud of.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

There are no bad riders in MotoGP really. The machine is now a very LARGE part of how the rider finishes (with the possible exception of Rossi) Just look at guys like Melandri and Hayden (and really everyone else). These guys are all champions but are now at the mercy of computer programmers and engineers who control the throttle depending on at least a dozen sensors all over the machine. I say ban the sensors and bring back the 990's and we will once again see who really has the skill and courage.

Reply to this Topic
LilMoney

Aug 04

LilMoney says:

James Toseland

Still SUCKS my taint.......... Colin will allways kick his panzy ass!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices