Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six

James Toseland was jubilant after he stormed to his best result of a troubled 2009 season in today’s Dutch MotoGP race. The British rider ended a titanic midfield scrap in sixth position to claim his best result since the Australian GP in Phillip Island last season. Boosted by having Yamaha boss Masahiko Nakajima as a constant companion in his Monster Yamaha Tech...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (27 June 2009 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kirklet

Apr 06

kirklet says:

eh?

Pedrosa and Dovi fell whilst chasing the man in front. Kallio was pressured into falling off because he knew JT was stronger in the last section. So that makes three people falling off, not five you fucking bellend. Elias was completely out of order on the last lap and Capirossi wouldn't have passed JT all fucking day long if it wasn't for that dangerous riding ballbag. The sooner Elias is out of GP's the better.

Reply to this Topic
Ziri

Feb 08

Ziri says:

Why is it the Toseland supporters only come out of the woodworks when he's bringing home decent finishes? Where were you guys when he was being slated every race? You can look at yesterdays race in a few ways but if I'm going to be cynical then Toseland placed higher than he should have because of other riders fell off. Now, aside from Pedrosa, you can't really rely on other riders in front of him going down so I think James still has a bit of work to genuinely be a top 6 finisher but he's going in the right direction so maybe he can keep his seat for next year.

Reply to this Topic
pennywise

Sep 08

pennywise says:

I have just finished reading the slaggings that Casey has been getting on another thread and see here that JT's 6th place is still not good enough for some people,,,,What more do you expect from him??...Its only  his second season and Colin has had way more experience on GP bike's......Give JT some respect and encouragement!!!,,,,,,As another poster said "JT may read these post's" and if I was JT and I read the slaggings he gets I would wonder why I bothered,,,

Reply to this Topic
kirklet

Apr 06

kirklet says:

Ziri, Toseland supporters dont come out of the woodwork as such, but people can only read so much shit before they have to make a comment to defend him !

Lets take your misinformed comments for instance ! You accuse him of finishing higher then he should have becasue other people fell off ! What a load of fucking bullshit ! He rode a great race after a poor start, passed a good dozen or so hard racers and held is own for most of the race at the front of a group of nutters ! He had the better of Kallio into the final chicane, so much so that Kallio over-rode the final section and fell off, knowing that JT would almost certainly slide it up the inside of him there ! The only reason Capi passed him is becasue elias was riding like a twat on the last lap ! He deserved 6th place all day long, so I suggest you wind your neck in a run along like a good boy ;)

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

JT,lucky but fair play.

Without a doubt,Toseland took advantage of a few others misfortune but he had to be riding well enough to take advantage of the situation.I didn't think he looked as comfortable on the bike during the race as he had done in practice and qualifying and thought he may have pulled away from the little group he was in,i think Hayden certainly held him up for a few laps.The Ducati seemed to have the legs on the yamaha down the straights but JT closed on him and was faster through the turns.I dont know if you guys noticed it but going into the chicane on the last lap Toseland backed off a little knowing that Capi and Elias wouldn't make that final chicane and was proved correct.That wasn't luck,he knew what he was doing.

I think it's Pedrosa who should be thinking of a class change,how long until he really seriously hurts himself trying to stay onboard these 800s ?? I understand power to weight ratio is an advantage but this guy is really too small to handle these things,something that he has proven a few times this year.He's a great rider without a doubt,but the competition is a lot tougher this year and a lot faster and i don't see Pedrosa being able to keep up the pace if he has another big crash and gets hurt again.That would be a shame.

Reply to this Topic
Ziri

Feb 08

Ziri says:

Kirklet, the riders I am referring to were Dovi and Pedrosa, had they not crashed out then Toseland would've finished in 8th, fact. Try reading a post before you slate it.

Reply to this Topic
Jeff44

Apr 05

Jeff44 says:

6th but no cigar!

Yes 6th is good for JT but I am sure this will be his best all season.You dont get to be a champion by finishing 6th (or lower)

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

you lot are a bunch of bell ends.   jt road a superb race beatin world champions .  he had a shit start where he qualfied just behind davio whom you all think is great .  you bunch of half wits who wobble around on your track days and then judge a rider who is at the pinnacle of his sport   there is no one else who could come to moto gp and do a better job then the guys that are there and that includes spies  so shut the f..k up slatin stoner edwards and jt .    its like sayin luca cadalora was a shit rider cause he could not beat rainey lawson doohan shwantz and co .  give it a rest he is a quality rider   

Reply to this Topic
darren636

Jun 09

darren636 says:

sixth

hmmm, sixth ?   is that what we applaud now?     i support jt but before he made the move to gp, he was insisting on being a success- this is not that.   we all know how hard he works- but that cannot make up for having a little less talent than the top 5 riders.   i really hope he can crack the podium. that will be great.

Reply to this Topic
johnnyboysblade

Jul 08

bang on!

kirklet your comments are spot on, JT deserved that sixth spot like a true champion, to beat that bunch of talented riders who are all hungry for points with the contract silly season starting was a hell of an achievement!! Credit where credit is due, JT showed his true colours yesterday, loads of great clean passes and held his nerve right until the end!! I think the boy is finally getting to grips with life in Moto GP, i just hope he can get a ride there next season!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices