Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: James Toseland jubilant with top six

James Toseland was jubilant after he stormed to his best result of a troubled 2009 season in today’s Dutch MotoGP race. The British rider ended a titanic midfield scrap in sixth position to claim his best result since the Australian GP in Phillip Island last season. Boosted by having Yamaha boss Masahiko Nakajima as a constant companion in his Monster Yamaha Tech...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (27 June 2009 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Go Jimmy !

I just hope this will give Toseland a confidence boost and we see him inside the top 6 more often from now on.This wasn't his best 6th place finish but it was still a good ride by him.The changes he made to his bike with the help of the top boss was a great deal of team support from Yamaha but if Dorna and the FIM would allow teams to test more during the season like they used to,then i'm sure James would have nailed a top 6 place several races ago.All this bullshit about cost cutting etc is causing more harm than good.If they really were concerned with cost cutting they would either shorten the GP calander or not race so far away in places like Qatar or China.The amount of money and agro the night race produces isn't worth it especially after this years fiasco.

Best of luck to Toseland in the US this weekend.

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

Suspect talent(Simoncelli)

plenty of people here fired up about JT's prowes on  a motoGP bike. He believes it and so do I, he will be nudging the podium WITH LUCK by season end. That is more than enough for me. Maybe not for him.

Rossi will be off the scene in a couple of years. With out his development of the Yamaha, Honda wil stand a chance again. We have no Idea how competitive the new wave will be from 250's. Simoncelli will show us that. What a lucky git, gifted straight into HRC.

Toseland needs to bridge the gap between himself and the top five before the end of the season, other wise he will struggle to get in the top ten if Bautista and co hit GP's running, as 250 guys seem to. The 600moto2's will stop that, as it will not be a natural path of 125's then 250's. Crutchlow and Eugene will be more natural choice, with the form they are showing?? Who would you put your money on; Bradley/Redding or Crutchlow/Eugene. Or even a proven double world champion ..Toseland. Anything could happen. 

Bang on again Ago'15. Your insight is beyond most. but not waisted on a few of us.

Reply to this Topic
seanus0203

Jun 09

seanus0203 says:

JT

I'm sorry, I would love for a brit to do well as much as anyone and after a few of his performances last year I actually thought he may do fairly well, but be realistic the bloke is consistently being outclassed, out qualified and thrashed during the races by Edwards. I can't see him keeping his ride for next season. 6th only after elias' banzai move on Capirossi is hardly worth celebratring is it. See you back in WSB next year fella.

Reply to this Topic
shamone46

May 08

shamone46 says:

WTF?

elias and capparossi went off on the last corner so he should have been 8th, and  kalio and the 2 repsol lads would have finished better, get on the podium at least  or go to BSB!

Reply to this Topic
KarenC52

Jun 09

KarenC52 says:

If you haven't got anything good to say...

...then how about keeping it to yourself!

To finish 1st, 1st you have to finish - no 1 rule in racing!! And how soon some people forget the fact that he is a multiple world champion and that he is doing well amongst the other multiple world champions he is now racing with.

He WILL suceed and then you can support him again but this sport doesn't need glory supporters!! 

Reply to this Topic
Colesy52

Jan 09

Colesy52 says:

6th

Great ride JT, you deserved 6th place, worked hard for it.

Nuff said

Elias: TWAT

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

face it you cant cut it in moto gp

If its wet if everyone else breaks down or crashes so what 6th if if if? who was 6th last year ? exactly who cares!! Yes he was wsb world champion so was Neil Hodgson remember him ?? If he beat Colin Edwards it would be something He's had his chance and blown it no more excuses get on the podium or go back to wsb or better still stick to the other yamaha you have the piano !! A friend of mine bought a toseland replica helmet last year he say's if he gets the chance at a gp he will throw it back to him !! We all want a british moto gp winner so let someone else have a go james your wasting petrol !!

Reply to this Topic
powermatic

Jun 09

powermatic says:

6th

Happy for JT and his finish, but the fact remains: unless you've been given Special Dispensation (Schumacher//Irvine, e.g.)  your number one goal as a professional racer is to beat your team mate. In other words, mission *not* accomplished.

And please-would those who use the schoolboy taunt of 'Well, I'd like to see you ride as fast as ........... if you're going to criticize' , would you mind growing up? Or do you use the same rationale for, say, a surgeon who accidentally operates on your mum's left knee, when it was her right that was giving her pain? 'Yeah, he fucked up, good and proper, but I couldn't have done any better myself, so there ya' go'. Right-just a ridiculous excuse for a trained professional. Please stop it.

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

Opinion

Yes people are entitled to there opinion but to keep on and on about how crap JT is on every thread or news item about him makes you wonder why you would bother! Why keep coming back and say it again and again like some sort of serial opinion giver. Oh and I agree about the comment that it is pointless to say you can't have a opinion just because you don't ride as good as a pro rider.

James is improving every race and that is great, yes we all want him to do better but some of these comments are just put on here to incite.'thestig08' is a prime example.

Reply to this Topic
DTrev77

Jun 09

DTrev77 says:

JT is OK

Why do people insist be-littling JT, he aint having the best of seasons but he is there at the top level and he aint comming last and he is improving race by race, give him a chance, he is the only brit in motogp after all and 2 time wsb champ, he's got talent and determination, and if he was spanish would have been in gp's years ago with a lot more support. edwards is racing really well this season making him very hard to beat, which makes up for previous efforts most of which were on the factory yamaha in which he done very little. all riders struggle at times, rossi in 06 and 07 struggled if he'd have quit to superbikes 08 and 09 would have been rubbish. I know JT aint in the same league as rossi and I am not his biggest fan I just think if it was Shakey finnishing 6th we'd all be cheering but for some reason not with james.

I think the people that slag him off constantly sound like obsessed stalkers who blur the line between love and hate, its a little bit un-nerving for normal balanced inderviduals.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices