Skip to content

Discuss This Haga injury update: Title hopes still alive World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Haga injury update: Title hopes still alive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Haga injury update: Title hopes still alive

There is a slim hope that WSB title leader Noriyuki Haga could be back racing injured at the next round of the series after undergoing surgery today on a badly broken arm sustained in a massive crash at Donington Park yesterday.  And even if he misses that round, a six week break to recuperate before the following race means his championship hopes remain very much alive. He currently leads Yamaha's...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (29 June 2009 10:23)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
poshbird1000

Apr 09

poshbird1000 says:

I am nice

SV659NUT,  I did not mean to dis Ben Spies I believe him to be very talented and a good bet for 2010. I really want to see Nori win this year, he is always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

I am not sure Spies would want to go to GP yet, possibly 2011 ( what about a three way battle between Rossi,Lorenzo and Spies) I would buy a ticket for that eh!   Liz from Lanzarote.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

I'm sure you are Liz

And I totally agree about Spies waiting until 2011 to to to MotoGP - but if he gets a good ride I'm sure he will go next year. If he does, I hope he has his bike sorted by the time he races here in Indianapolis!

Get well quick and GO FAST NORI !  

Reply to this Topic
carlos7

May 09

carlos7 says:

I will be tough..!

Think spies will nick it from under his nose, I hope not, but spies must be well up for it now...! and lets not forget his team mate....! just hope Nori gets fit quickly, he should he is a proper hard nut..

Reply to this Topic
jamesg75

Dec 05

jamesg75 says:

injury timeout

Seems that there are a number of rider's who while seriously injured will risk it all to come back to score points. I think Haga is a hero but I worry about the consequences of having an equally big crash while seriously injured and when you look at it it's just riding round in circles as much as I love it.  A badly broken arm will never hold a handle bar as well as a healed one no matter how much metal and pain killers you throw at it. We are getting to the point where these bikes are at the limit of abilities of a super fit man with no injuries can cope with.   

Reply to this Topic
chinoV

Feb 09

chinoV says:

Haga

No doubt!  without haga fighting for the title with ben this will be boring... haga i tough rider but i dont think he will be ready to go up againts superfit Ben Spies in the next round.. just look  what happen on miller park he strugled during the race because he crash during free practice and riders just go by him without a problem and ben end-up taking a double..... anyway i hope he will be fit to race to challange ben and fabrizio....

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

Haga injuries

Haga is in a tough spot. He needs to ride his absolute best but with the new and old injuries it will be hard for him. After having a comfortable 60+ point lead, now he will have to push hard to stay on top. Spies, with the addition of his new/old chief mechanic from AMA that came to work for him in WSB last week, there won't be any more mechanical DNFs that have cost Spies 3 races. The Ducati boys can only hope he crashes.

Reply to this Topic
glenndavis06

Feb 08

glenndavis06 says:

Go Ben

Spies has his mechanic I think Haga is in for it. he always seems to do this to him self, I hope he can heal in time to fight but i am not sure 6 weeks will not be enough he has some serious injures from before and now these bikes are bulls on 2 wheels and Spies is very hungry to me he has been the best new thing for the past 4 years now, and he is just getting better if he had not has the dnf's he would be leading this tittle chase by a long shot so stay tuned people Big Ben will take it all and what a joy it will be to watch. I hope Haga can get him self feeling good love him but i cant wait to see ben kicking every ones ass in a few weeks agin..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices