Skip to content

Riding & events Getting back on the road after accident Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Riding Skills > Getting back on the road after accident

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Bret Batkin  says:

Getting back on the road after accident

About two and a half years ago i was involved in an accident whilst i was filtering through a very slow moving cue of traffic on my way to work. I was alert to all that was going on, and who wouldn't be seeing as my speed was no greater that 10mph, i pulled into a gap in the traffic...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (29 June 2008 15:02)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FirebladeX

Feb 09

FirebladeX says:

Bret Batkin

hi m8 im in the same boat my bikes nearly ready after a smash in july so i feel shaky myself i got permenant knee damage and a bike thats had to be completly rebuilt. i havnt been off aslong as you but you gotta suck it up and try it.

Reply to this Topic
CagivaELEfan

Feb 09

CagivaELEfan says:

Getting back on the road after accident

Hi i was in the same boat as you were in the summer of 2003.If you know the infamous road between Buxton and Maccelsfield (Cat & Fiddle road), i was involved in a crash there.I was riding a red & white cbr 600fm and hit a dry stone wall at 70 mph.The bike went through the wall and i managed to lock the rear wheel on purpose so as i could high side myself over the wall.If i didn't i wouldn't be typing this message.I busted my leg a little bit ( not broken ) i have a bit of a scar.The inside of my thighs were black a blue, because they hit the fuel tank.After that i cart wheeled 60ft and landed in a field.I stood up in the field after landing and removed my helmet because i was worried as to where i was, and the adrenelin was pumping so much.5 mins later i was going into shock (stayed concious) for about 10-15 mins until a paramedic placed an oxygen mask.I also had neumonia too (was on 80% oxygen).I still got another bike though i'm a proud owner of 1995 Cagiva Elefant E750 Lucky Explorer.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
paulr1975

Dec 08

paulr1975 says:

i had an accident y.day...

my 1st one. came off at 50 mph, luckily the bike went up a mud bank and all i had was a small crack in the fairing, thats it! how lucky was that eh???

iv got bruised ankles and knees and swollen fingers, bit painful but i'll live. managed to ride the 35 miles home :wink:

having a nice new scorpion can and new stainless pipes fitted sunday, and the fairing will be done the week after next.

:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
Bret

Mar 09

Bret says:

Hi guys

I would just like to say a BIG thanks to all those who left a sensible reply to my post. And to all those who have had a spill, i hope you are well on the way to recovery, i feel your pain :lol:  and if your not already back on 2 wheels, i hope it wont be long till you are :biggrin: as apparently we have a few warm days coming up :lol:, and who wants to be missing out on those ?:laugh: . FirebladeX, you got your work cut out there m8, i noticed your just a few parts missing, but it looks like it's coming along nicely, but one question for you, how the hell are you going to get that battery back in ? :lol: . There does seem to be a certain person, you know who you are !, who really does think he is king of the hill, dude get a life ! who are you to judge a person's character ?, do you know me ?, me thinks the answer is NO, :doubt: . seems to me as if  you have a few issues to sort out in your life, or maybe you dont have one ?, how would i know ?, as i have better things to do than sit around insulting others on a web site. :tongue::lol:

Reply to this Topic
gizzabreak

Apr 07

gizzabreak says:

Seriously mate

It's clear to me that the last place you belong is on a bike.

Best stick with the car.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
Bret

Mar 09

Bret says:

gizzabreak

*Seriously mate

It's clear to me that the last place you belong is on a bike.

Best stick with the car.*

sorry oh Royal one

Please do forgive me, i beg of thee, how dare i grace the highways and byways with my presence, i shall give up on motorcycles all together now just  because you have said that i don't belong on a bike, :upset:.

i would like to hear how you came to that conclusion, but alas, i have far better things to read about, and seeing as you are as ignorant and arrogant as i thought , and have nothing really constructive to say

your  humble opinion has been noted, and duly ignored.

Reply to this Topic
ibike

Mar 09

ibike says:

hmm

If everyone who came off their bikes gave up and headed back to their cars, wouldn't the road be rather biker-sparse?

Reply to this Topic
Jay675cc

Jun 09

Jay675cc says:

gizzabreak

You say you've been in an accident?  I don't believe you.  I'm not even sure I believe you ride.  No doubt in my mind, you don't know what it's like to go down and then get back on. I laid my down on March 15, 09.  I am just now getting back on it little by little.  It's a long road back, and if you don't know that, then you don't know bikes or the people that ride them.  Every person is different.  It's clear to you his place isn't on a bike?  Maybe but that will be his decision. It's clear to me that your place isn't on a forum.  Rubber down, shiny side up Bret....we're not all like him.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices