Riding & events Yellow lights Touring & travel

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Touring & travel > Yellow lights

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

omar  says:

Yellow lights

I was recently in the Middle East and noticed their bike lights are setup like the US, i.e. the indicators are always on like side lights… this made them very visible and easier to spot. The other thing I noticed through my winter riding is that car drivers don’t spot you when its dark and rainy… however, when fitting a yellow...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (11 May 2008 22:22)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dizzydriver

Nov 08

dizzydriver says:

marker lights

My 02 VFR has double element rear indicators and a spare connection in the plug, i fitted another connector, and now have red and orange rear markers and the indicators work as normal brighter than the marker.

I was recently in the usual cue at dartford tolls in my works van, i could hardly see bikes filtering throught the traffic due to the amount of headlights in my mirrors, suddenly i saw a headlight with 2 orange lights flashing as it got closer i realised it was a bike with hazzards on. brilliant idea, guess what i fitted last week. took about an hour cost £15.

Reply to this Topic
TT600JCC

Feb 08

TT600JCC says:

Artic blue lights

Ive been looking to add brightness to my headlight, Ive seen these artic blue bulbs by 'ring' they are rated the same as the bulb I already have in 55/60 but are the any brighter?? Without opting for a HID kit.

Reply to this Topic
iancol

Sep 07

iancol says:

Brighter headlights

I've previously said I like the direct replacement Xenon bulbs you can get, which are brighter than the special tungsten type and a lot cheaper than HID, but I'm now not so sure they're that much better than ordinary bulbs.  The HID option seems to be the best, if you have space for the extra bits and there are no legal issues (I've not researched this bit as I'm not thinking of changing, but if you can get replacements at places like Halfords or on line, perhaps it's OK).

Reply to this Topic
BoxerbytheSea

Feb 09

LED's

The introduction of daytime running lights for all vehicles will not result in safer driving for motorcyclists. Bikes will just be another light among many. I am thinking of getting some Led strips like the ones on the Audi A8 etc as these are a very bright white light and they have a constant light output irrespective of their vertical angle. A normal headlight can appear to flash on an uneven road surface as the bike pitches up and down. Leds do not appear to suffer this phenomenom. Anything that stops morons from pulling out in front of me.

Reply to this Topic
mikejj

Mar 09

mikejj says:

Xenon Bulb

I have Xenon bulds fitted in my car and was planning to fit one when my bike comes back from the shop. Then I saw a kit that required all sorts of rewiring and fitting of some sort of pack so I gave up the idear.

Does a Xenon bulb just plug in like the original or do you have to do all this fancy jiggerypokery to fit them

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle