Skip to content

Products New Shoei XR1100 launched Helmets

You are in... Forums > Products > Helmets > New Shoei XR1100 launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Rob Hull  says:

New Shoei XR1100 launched

Shoei has today launched their new XR1100 to members of the world press in Barcelona, Spain. Compare and buy motorcycle helmets Highlighted below are a few of the new features of the lid. A brand new visor mechanism The XR1100 has a suction seal concept to guarantee it is completely draft free. The visor, in comparison with the XR1000, has been enlarged to give...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (30 June 2009 10:20)

Post a message in Helmets

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
irossiter

Jul 09

irossiter says:

noisy shoei

Yes I wasn't sure about the noise factor with my XR 1000 but suspected it and then bought the girlfriend one and she loves it but couldn't stop saying how much more wind noise comes through on the highway than her (much cheaper) Shark. We both love the fit though and the quality. Just wear ear plugs full time now!

Reply to this Topic
TriumphGirly

Aug 09

TriumphGirly says:

Sharp Testing

I think we have all heard how Sharp testing isn't really a very clear indication of the performance and safety of a helmet - many of the tests they perform don't even relate to the actual safety of a helmet!! I would question any test that can put a £40 helmet which is machine made, not wind tunnel tested etc over a hand built and hand checked Shoei which far exceeds all safety checks. I own an XR1000 and wouldn't change it. I used to have a bit of trouble with noise but found that if you have the Visor base plates re-set (they can come loose) it tightens everything up and reduces the noise. And people that don't want to spend out on a helmet are rediculous...I would much prefer to pay a bit more to protect my head propely than run the risk in a cheaper helmet.

Reply to this Topic
formotorbikes

Jan 11

In response to Nick Browning's comment regarding Shoei versus other helmet brands out there, here's a good direct comparison of Shoei v Arai v Nexx.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices