Skip to content

General MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!!

F*ckin arseholes !!!

I got  phone call off them on Friday offering to give me a quote.  I told the guy I was just about to start work and if he was quick then fine.  He lopped £100 off my initial renewal, but I was unable to give him the bike registration as I didnt know it.  He said not to worry, but to give my payment details and he woud phone me back the next day to complete the policy information......

Meanwhile, my present insurance company, dropped my excess and lopped anothe £50 off the MCE quote.

I phoned MCE back the following day to tell them I had a better offer, and to delete my payment details as I wouldnt be proceeding with the policy.  The t*ats had already processed the payment. Not only without all my bike details, but also a full 2 weeks in advance of when the policy was suposed to start!

They were adament that there was a policy in place. And after asking many times about how could such a policy exist without them knowing the exact identification of the bike, they are not accepting that it is impossible to have an insurance policy without the registration number.

I put it to them many times basically, that I could take ANY Triumph Daytona out tomorrow and I would be covered fully comp as if it was my own. They declined to answer. I asked them to send me out a copy of the cover note, they declined, as they couldnt, as they didnt know the reg number.......

So.  They stung me for £30 to cancel the 'non-existant policy'...... I cancelled it Saturday, but lo and behold the payment left my account today.  And whats best, it could take up to 30 days for them to put it back, minus the 30 quid.

Now £30 isnt a great deal of money, but I am fucking livid. Personally, and if you think I am wrong then just say, personally i think they were morally wrong to take that payment without all the details of the bike.  How the hell do they know what triumph they have allegedly insured?

I may have been hasty to hand over the payment details, but, that is besides the point.  I sent them an email, on Sunday complaining but no reply.  I sent another today, and phoned them to be told the same bullshit, that the bike was insured!! Well, A) the policy wasnt due to start until the 2nd week of July and B) how the fuck is an anonymous bike insured by them???

Well im in touch with the Insurance Ombudsman now. And if the worse comes to the worse I will take them to a small claims court for the £30 and any interest the theiving fuckers owe me.

Also note.  It takes a maximum of 1 minute on hold to get through to their 'lets rob your money' quote line.......But it take atleast 15mins on hold to get any fucking joy on their 'we talk a load of bullshit' cancellation line.

Be carefull with these fucking cowboys.  God help you if you need to make a claim off the c*nts !!!

I will bump thispost for the next fookin millenium.  If I put one person off taking insurance off the t*ats i'll be happy.   Oh yeah, there are cheaper insurers out there to. C*nts. :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (30 June 2009 13:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Bump

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Fuzzrr

These are the guys to contact www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ 

Make 'em jump mate

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Yeah Ive sent all the details off to them mate.  Take a day or two to get back to me.

Reply to this Topic
Rugbyman

Jul 08

Rugbyman says:

Ombudsman

I found them really helpful when I had a problem with some contents insurance a while back. Good luck

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

MCE

I was with them last year, just glad I did'nt need to make a claim at all. Thank's for the info don't think i'll ever go back there again...:wink:

Take it all the way mate i'm on your side... :wink: B.STARDS

Reply to this Topic
jimcumbria

Oct 08

jimcumbria says:

MCE

FUZZRR, don't give up these MORONS are clearly in the wrong, they won't sent a legal rep to a small claims court for £30 you can also claim ex's if you win.

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

yea

mate they are shit. i was with them for 125 but switched to carol nash for suzuki i ended up loosing a year s no claims that i wouldve got if i had waited a month but it was going to cost an extra £300 for suzuki.

hope you win mate

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

tell em that

you aint happy, and you'll be contacting your solicitor - a hint of the "s" word and usually (but not always) they change their tune...

it worked with British Gas when they tried to bill me 20 times the amount I owed due to their fekkin error.

Reply to this Topic
steve.g

Jan 08

steve.g says:

I WAS HASSLED

NON STOP...by those tossers after i asked for a quote. calls on mobile , told them i was driving, hung up, two mins later, ring ring...ten mins later ring ring.

try hastings direct. total proffesional people, best quotes.

MCE said if i gave credit card details immediately, they would knock 20 percent off. told em to get f@cked

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

bump

Insurance tossers, put ebike in with mce as shysters.

Go to money supermarket and read the comments people have made about ebike/ecar, more like horror stories
:upset:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices