Skip to content

General MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!!

F*ckin arseholes !!!

I got  phone call off them on Friday offering to give me a quote.  I told the guy I was just about to start work and if he was quick then fine.  He lopped £100 off my initial renewal, but I was unable to give him the bike registration as I didnt know it.  He said not to worry, but to give my payment details and he woud phone me back the next day to complete the policy information......

Meanwhile, my present insurance company, dropped my excess and lopped anothe £50 off the MCE quote.

I phoned MCE back the following day to tell them I had a better offer, and to delete my payment details as I wouldnt be proceeding with the policy.  The t*ats had already processed the payment. Not only without all my bike details, but also a full 2 weeks in advance of when the policy was suposed to start!

They were adament that there was a policy in place. And after asking many times about how could such a policy exist without them knowing the exact identification of the bike, they are not accepting that it is impossible to have an insurance policy without the registration number.

I put it to them many times basically, that I could take ANY Triumph Daytona out tomorrow and I would be covered fully comp as if it was my own. They declined to answer. I asked them to send me out a copy of the cover note, they declined, as they couldnt, as they didnt know the reg number.......

So.  They stung me for £30 to cancel the 'non-existant policy'...... I cancelled it Saturday, but lo and behold the payment left my account today.  And whats best, it could take up to 30 days for them to put it back, minus the 30 quid.

Now £30 isnt a great deal of money, but I am fucking livid. Personally, and if you think I am wrong then just say, personally i think they were morally wrong to take that payment without all the details of the bike.  How the hell do they know what triumph they have allegedly insured?

I may have been hasty to hand over the payment details, but, that is besides the point.  I sent them an email, on Sunday complaining but no reply.  I sent another today, and phoned them to be told the same bullshit, that the bike was insured!! Well, A) the policy wasnt due to start until the 2nd week of July and B) how the fuck is an anonymous bike insured by them???

Well im in touch with the Insurance Ombudsman now. And if the worse comes to the worse I will take them to a small claims court for the £30 and any interest the theiving fuckers owe me.

Also note.  It takes a maximum of 1 minute on hold to get through to their 'lets rob your money' quote line.......But it take atleast 15mins on hold to get any fucking joy on their 'we talk a load of bullshit' cancellation line.

Be carefull with these fucking cowboys.  God help you if you need to make a claim off the c*nts !!!

I will bump thispost for the next fookin millenium.  If I put one person off taking insurance off the t*ats i'll be happy.   Oh yeah, there are cheaper insurers out there to. C*nts. :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (30 June 2009 13:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

bump

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Boing.

T*ats......:mad:

Reply to this Topic
cheshirekat

Jun 09

cheshirekat says:

Ins

I thought you had a 14 day cooling off period, unless you accepted the policy immediately and paid a deposit by debit/credit card immediately.

Anyway all calls to  these call centres are recorded, and by law if you ask for your call to be pulled and sent to you they have to do it.  A call can be pulled within 10 minutes, all reps are logged onto a system with a log on number, so if you know date and time of call it is very easy to trace.

Just request the call is pulled and demand a copy of call.  Don't be put off by the dribble. It is your legal right.

(Yes I am answer a phone for a living, all our calls are recorded, they are listened to and call monitored, and yes if somebody demands a copy we have to give it) No I am not in a call centre and I am inbound and I do not sell.  Will help any refund/court case.

Reply to this Topic
SheffieldSteel

Feb 09

have to agree with steve, i'm insured by hastings and they always give me the best quote and come across as very profesional.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Cheshirekat...

I think it will take fuzzr longer than any 14 days to 'Cool Down'......they're going in the same compartment as 'f**king Suzuki'..:sunglasses:.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

BuMp..................

Oldish.......... Right now I am in the frame of mind to go and burn down the MCE buildings !!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

*(Fuzzrr has no intention of taking on any arsonist projects at this, and any other time now, or in the future. Comments made on here my be of flippant content with totally untruthfull anoctations.......Except for all the stuff about those arsefecks at MCE, which the comments in the original post is totally true)*

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

MCE.

You have every right to feel angry about this but I wouldn't do new deals over the phone, especially when someone phones me out of the blue. It could have been absolutely anyone asking for your card details and you've got no receipt. A website is safer. If they decline to send out terms and conditions, etc. in the post because, "That's how we keep costs down," then decline. If they're dirt cheap they'll probably be rubbish if/when you need them to pay out.

If (and only if) the £30 is a first monthly payment then they might be within their rights to keep it, except that the policy hadn't even started.

Try H&R Insurance brokers in Aberdeen. I've been with them for quite a while. They don't mess you about and they paid out promptly and reasonably when I lost a bike to thieves a few years ago.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

Twang

Ever since Norwich union got a touch of the avivas in the late nineties they've always quoted me unhappy

Clang

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Luverly cars...

a-vivas, lad I know had an a-viva estate...lent it to someone one day...dropped it's drive shaft onto the road and pogo'd it into the wall at the side of the road....Don't make 'em like that anymore......fill in the blanks T****. F***...:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
BikerBladerAsh

Nov 07

FUZZR

i had been with MCE for 3 years, never paying admin fees to change bike or adress which i did at least 4 times over the period.

thankfully in January I protected my 5yrs no claims, in March my bike got nicked and then wrote of by a fool nearly 3 weeks later. this was a very serious investigation for the police due to bloke nearly killing himself.Any way I insured my 2001 sv650s which was a CAT D for 1850 with 200 excess. with no arguments or refusals.less than 6 weeks later they offered me this amount. from the day the bike got nicked to that day i got my cheque took 6 weeks. so i was happy.

BUT

Then i wanted to insure my new bike they said equity red star will not allow me to swap the bike due to the nature of the claim and i would have to start a new policy. This wasnt a problem i wanted to insure my new Yam TRX 850 thank god i protected my claims. However I then found a much cheaper policy with IAM Surety with Adelaide easily the best company for any IAM members.  i got fully comp class one business use and 3rd party on other bikes for £250 which was £150 quid cheaper than the TPFT policy with MCE.

Anyway Adelaide wanted proof of no claims so i thought ok thats fair.

Phoned MCE they said as I still owe them £250 towards the policy i had they wouldnt issue the proof of no claims until i had paid. they told me it would continue by DD and now they are saying i gotta pay in full. So I phone equity the actuall insurer and they had the proof of no claims with me within 48 hours. Fcuk MCE I say, now they are getting a tenner a month and i have a much better and cheaper insurance policy.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices