Skip to content

General MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

MCE INSURANCE COMPANY - STAY AWAY !!!!

F*ckin arseholes !!!

I got  phone call off them on Friday offering to give me a quote.  I told the guy I was just about to start work and if he was quick then fine.  He lopped £100 off my initial renewal, but I was unable to give him the bike registration as I didnt know it.  He said not to worry, but to give my payment details and he woud phone me back the next day to complete the policy information......

Meanwhile, my present insurance company, dropped my excess and lopped anothe £50 off the MCE quote.

I phoned MCE back the following day to tell them I had a better offer, and to delete my payment details as I wouldnt be proceeding with the policy.  The t*ats had already processed the payment. Not only without all my bike details, but also a full 2 weeks in advance of when the policy was suposed to start!

They were adament that there was a policy in place. And after asking many times about how could such a policy exist without them knowing the exact identification of the bike, they are not accepting that it is impossible to have an insurance policy without the registration number.

I put it to them many times basically, that I could take ANY Triumph Daytona out tomorrow and I would be covered fully comp as if it was my own. They declined to answer. I asked them to send me out a copy of the cover note, they declined, as they couldnt, as they didnt know the reg number.......

So.  They stung me for £30 to cancel the 'non-existant policy'...... I cancelled it Saturday, but lo and behold the payment left my account today.  And whats best, it could take up to 30 days for them to put it back, minus the 30 quid.

Now £30 isnt a great deal of money, but I am fucking livid. Personally, and if you think I am wrong then just say, personally i think they were morally wrong to take that payment without all the details of the bike.  How the hell do they know what triumph they have allegedly insured?

I may have been hasty to hand over the payment details, but, that is besides the point.  I sent them an email, on Sunday complaining but no reply.  I sent another today, and phoned them to be told the same bullshit, that the bike was insured!! Well, A) the policy wasnt due to start until the 2nd week of July and B) how the fuck is an anonymous bike insured by them???

Well im in touch with the Insurance Ombudsman now. And if the worse comes to the worse I will take them to a small claims court for the £30 and any interest the theiving fuckers owe me.

Also note.  It takes a maximum of 1 minute on hold to get through to their 'lets rob your money' quote line.......But it take atleast 15mins on hold to get any fucking joy on their 'we talk a load of bullshit' cancellation line.

Be carefull with these fucking cowboys.  God help you if you need to make a claim off the c*nts !!!

I will bump thispost for the next fookin millenium.  If I put one person off taking insurance off the t*ats i'll be happy.   Oh yeah, there are cheaper insurers out there to. C*nts. :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (30 June 2009 13:56)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
monobloc

Nov 09

monobloc says:

and

you aint the only one by the sound of it ,

robbing gets .

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Blimey........ two years ago I posted that thread. Doesn't time fly??? :huh:

I stand by the original post though, still a bunch of shit heads, and I wont even phone them for a quote now. :mad: 

Reply to this Topic
geezercbr1100xx

Jun 11

MCE

Im just on the phone to MCE, this is my 6th call regarding  problem totaling over 3 hours. No resolution, can't even get a managers name and will be canceling my policy with them. Just moved over to them from Bennets.
Found your post re them whilst on hold - I'll put my own on too.

Their customer service is appalling.

My next call will be directly to the Directors and to the insurance ombudsman.

Reply to this Topic
colouredcob

Jul 09

colouredcob says:

C*NTS

They are a bunch of lying sh1t heads, I told them 5 times my bike is kept in my back garden, when I got the policy they said if its not in  garage its not insured, tried to cancel got the £30 shit, took them to the ombudsmen and got a refund without the £30 charge, they are thieves, making a small fortune from admin charges, I hope the wank*rs get their ability to take card payments revoked and they shut down and go bankcrupt.

I feel better for that rant.

Lady G

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sjr222

Jul 11

sjr222 says:

MCE insurance outfit

Why-o-why did I not do some research on MCE before taking out insurance with them!

Just tried to cancel a policy within the 14 day cooling off period and they are trying to charge me an admin fee! This is despite the policy documentation they sent me clearly stating “…a full refund of the premium you have paid provided you have not made a claim or intend making a claim in the future.”, and no I haven’t made a claim.

I can honestly say that in 24 years of motoring, both cars and bikes, I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company as this one. Staff training clearly stops after the question – “Do you know the first three letters of the alphabet?”

If I don’t receive an appropriate response I am going to report them to the insurance ombudsman.

You have been warned. Steer well clear!

:mad:

Reply to this Topic
rodinbangor

Jul 11

rodinbangor says:

Insurers

Guess wot, MCE aren't the only ones - Bikesure is the same, £30 to cancel even on the same day, and 2 weeks before the policy start date. The whole lot of them are just money grabbing b"£$%&%$ds, they'll phone you constantly to get your business, then f&^k up the policy. I asked specifically for an AGREED value policy from both these companies, but got sent a MARKET value one, with even the model & cc of the bike wrong. F%^&$£G T&%TS

Reply to this Topic
freddy1956

Nov 09

freddy1956 says:

hi

Hi thanks for posting this as i was going to phone them for a quote on my Yamaha so i think we all owe you a great big THANKS

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

MCE

"Kill em, Kill em all"

:ph43r:
Oxygen thieves

Reply to this Topic
hoskar

Apr 07

hoskar says:

mce probs

Just had a funny set of probs with these , its almost as though they placed me on someone else's policy as a named rider .

They couldn't find my details when asked by another insurance company . 
 Why ?

Reply to this Topic
FZRPhil

May 04

FZRPhil says:

Trying to claim

Had an off back in June last year:upset:. Bike was a bit of a mess but I was OK.

After several 'phone calls over several hours I was told that as I could not quote my insurance policy number to them they were not prepared to send a recovery vehicle:shock:.

Luckily I was able to get a mate with a van to come and rescue me:smile.

Now comes the best bit.

It is now February and they haven't even sent anyone to look at the bike or made any atempt to settle my claim.:mad::mad::mad:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices