General Fuzzrs insurance problem General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Fuzzrs insurance problem

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

BikerBladerAsh

Nov 07

Fuzzrs insurance problem

FUZZR

i had been with MCE for 3 years, never paying admin fees to change bike or adress which i did at least 4 times over the period.

thankfully in January I protected my 5yrs no claims, in March my bike got nicked and then wrote of by a fool nearly 3 weeks later. this was a very serious investigation for the police due to bloke nearly killing himself.Any way I insured my 2001 sv650s which was a CAT D for 1850 with 200 excess. with no arguments or refusals.less than 6 weeks later they offered me this amount. from the day the bike got nicked to that day i got my cheque took 6 weeks. so i was happy.

BUT

Then i wanted to insure my new bike they said equity red star will not allow me to swap the bike due to the nature of the claim and i would have to start a new policy. This wasnt a problem i wanted to insure my new Yam TRX 850 thank god i protected my claims. However I then found a much cheaper policy with IAM Surety with Adelaide easily the best company for any IAM members.  i got fully comp class one business use and 3rd party on other bikes for £250 which was £150 quid cheaper than the TPFT policy with MCE.

Anyway Adelaide wanted proof of no claims so i thought ok thats fair.

Phoned MCE they said as I still owe them £250 towards the policy i had they wouldnt issue the proof of no claims until i had paid. they told me it would continue by DD and now they are saying i gotta pay in full. So I phone equity the actuall insurer and they had the proof of no claims with me within 48 hours. Fcuk MCE I say, now they are getting a tenner a month and i have a much better and cheaper insurance policy.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (01 July 2009 13:13)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle