Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

Tyres for SV650

hey,

iwas just wondering what are good tyres for an SV650s i currently havebrisgestone BT-020s and were just wonderig a good swap for these maybe a bit stickier.

I was thinking either:

Pirelli Diablo

Bridgestone BT-016's

and Mickster recommended Micheline pilot power i think.

They need to be good in winter conditions as well as i ride all the time.

Cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 July 2009 10:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I ride all year Lucas

I've worn Bridgy BT014's for years.. love em.. recommend em.. swear by em!

Tried 016's last year.. not good.. took long time to warm up in cold and lost the rear end several times last winter, not niice.

Back on 014's again and feeling the love.. they're great in cold, wet... anytime

But i'm sure some will disagree......  :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

just

checked i can get a pair of pirelli diablo's for £133 for pair that seems quite good doesn't it?

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

I agree with 750Flyer

BT014's!

I love mine to bits, they are good in the wet and dry, hot or cold.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
ranksounds

Jul 07

ranksounds says:

Got

michelin road pilot 2ct on my SV

instilled confidence from the moment I rode off on them. Moto GP tech, dual compound. Harder in the middle, so not to square off, softer to the sides to stick to the road.

It's what the man at Watling tyres recommended when he asked how I ride and what I use the bike for. A bit of best of both worlds. Plus they came out on top in the wet in "independent" tests.

Reply to this Topic
BikerBladerAsh

Nov 07

michelin on sv

i had these and absolutely hated them, when i was no longer commuting i had pirelli dragon super corsa these are really track tyres but if you dont really ride in the wet they were awesome, got the pair fitted for 140 quid too

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

I Went With Conti....

Mainly because they where cheap.... :winkie: But I find a good quality Sports-touring tyre is best on SV's as you want to do as many stable miles as possible. progress yourself and not blame tyres is the best start for a decent fast road rider.... :eyebrows:

In all fairness you can get better tyres now for similar prices, like Maxxis and the like will even beat Conti's on price and match perfomance.

My Conti-Road-Attack stats are 3 scorching, knee-toe-peg-down trackdays and 7890 miles on the rear, the front hand potentially 12,000 miles in it with ease. and i dont give the front an easy time.

Dunlop Sportmax's are good........ You might find moving to a 150 rear section instead of the 160 will actually make it flick side-to-side quicker.

Ive rode on these bridgestones and can honnestly say id of had conti's instead..... although they where the old kind....

ALSO, Avon Storms are worth a try, similar feel to michelin 2CT's and fitted for £145. Worth a stab!

:ph43r:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices