Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki holds back new ZX-10R as it goes radical New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki holds back new ZX-10R as it goes radical

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Laura Kennerley  says:

Kawasaki holds back new ZX-10R as it goes radical

Kawasaki has delayed the launch of the new ZX-10R as it is developing a radical new bike. Find a Kawasaki ZX-10R for sale The Japanese firm has opted out of its traditional two-year pattern of replacing the top-flight sportsbike as it wants to create a bike to win the World Superbike series with.  The new ZX-10R is now expected to be launched...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (02 July 2009 18:02)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lancashire_Dry

Jan 04

Really?

Or have they just run out of money?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Quote: 'Or have they just run out of money?

And also, maybe they have just become weary trying to keep up with the annual 2 year renewal cycle of the 1000cc supersports class.

Reply to this Topic
Kennyc1989

Jun 09

Kennyc1989 says:

I hope not, I wanted to get a Kawasaki when I turned 21 :-(

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

New ZX10R

The cost of two year production cycles has finally caught up with them. Remember the old Concours, KLR650 and EX500 Ninja, they milked those bikes for 20 years before they changed them.

Reply to this Topic
DTrev77

Jun 09

DTrev77 says:

ZX10 SBK wins

Its not just a case of bringing out a fancy new bike, you need to put the money into a proper factory team and championship winning rider. If those two are missing it doesn't matter how good the bike is you'll never win the championship.

The current ZX10 is still a very good bike, amazing on track, if Kawasaki had put some propper effort into their factory effort (see Aprilia) and had a proper decent rider (see Yamaha) there is no reason why they couldn't be up the top end of things this year. Its a case of putting the money in the right places.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Remember the patents made by kawasaki for their funny order firing cylinder, I presume the wait is related to that. It's a kawasaki so you know it's going to be worth the wait... even if I cant wait!

Reply to this Topic
Pyak

Feb 09

Pyak says:

I Know a Good Kwak Rider.

I think they should try and tempt Marco Melandri and James Toseland out of MotoGP. They are just wasting their time as also rans in this championship,

I think with a Great Bike, 2 Great riders they could really put together a good effort to run at the front of WSBK.

After this week ends jump start at Laguna Seca it makes me wonder how long James Toseland has left at Yamaha Tech 3.

And poor old Melandri is racing well, but he's on a bike that hasn't been factory developed for a year now, and will start going even further back from here on.

P

Reply to this Topic
Fever

Jul 08

Fever says:

Found this.........

www.motostar.co.za/Home/News/2010KawasakiZX10R/tabid/335/Default.aspx

Dunno if theres any truth in it tho.......

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

Spies wants to go to MotoGP, Spies likes Yamaha, Spies can't ride for a factory team his first year- Toseland better take care of those hands, he may need them to play piano.

Reply to this Topic
Pyak

Feb 09

Pyak says:

Spies in MotoGP

Now there's a damn good racer. I'd like to see him go to MotoGP, as I think he's got a great talent, and as said above he does like Yamaha's.

JT better sort his head/bike out or he'll be playing piano lunchtimes for the upper classes. I DO like Toseland, but this racing lark is 100% results motivated, and he's NOT doing it is he???

Its his second year, and his results are worse than year 1.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices