Skip to content

Riding & events MCN's Guide to getting your knee down Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Riding Skills > MCN's Guide to getting your knee down

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Howard Boylan  says:

MCN's Guide to getting your knee down

Watch this video as MCN roadtester Michael Neeves gives you some essential advice on how to master the skill of getting your knee down Zoom & Watch more videos on MCN | TV http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1119137831http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C // found at http://corp.brightcove.com/legal/terms_publisher.cfm. var config = new Array(); ...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 7 years ago (05 September 2007 09:50)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevo599

Sep 07

stevo599 says:

Knee down

Teaching this on the public road? I mean cool I am all for it but should this really be done on the main roads?

Reply to this Topic
cardoc

Aug 02

cardoc says:

Knee down

Well the answer is no but it's the kind of trash I've come to expect from MCN, I just wonder how many roundabout accidents there will be this weekend? Come on MCN you are better than this rubbish.

Reply to this Topic
alex-f

Apr 07

alex-f says:

knee down

good s##t gotta lern some how the safe way to corner at speed [hang off]:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
stacka-uk

Sep 07

stacka-uk says:

Advice

First of al to Cardoc Learning to get your knee down is actually a good thing. It teaches good cornering techniques, and improves reactions. But a better way to get your kne down is the like this: 1. Get to corner, get to the right speed.(right gear etc) 2. Shift your body to back of your seat so much so that you should have a fist width between your balls and tank. 3. Shift you turning bum cheek off your seat (i.e. if your turning right, you right bum cheek) 4. Lock your opposite knee to the tank. 5. Push the turning handle bar. 6. Dive in, be carefull of exit speed as you will be going quicker than you think. Also when your knee slider touches the road it can be a shock so dont sit the bike up, just relax. Enjoy, and use this skill responsibly, any questions let me know. Stacka

Reply to this Topic
fastasfuck123

Apr 07

knee....

What a waste of time.

I've seen lots of riders trying to get their knee down when what they should really be learning how to take a corner properly.

I came upon this fireblade rider with his knee on the deck but his mid corner speed was so slow I just rode around the outside.(on an old ZX10)

Been on trackdays where I've almost hit riders mid corner because they think getting their knee down is more important than leaning the bike.

Oh and I allmost forgot to mention how irresponsable of MCN to condone and even encorage riders to ride dangerously.

Reply to this Topic
cardoc

Aug 02

cardoc says:

Knee....

Stacka-uk..."Learning to get your knee down is actually a good thing. It teaches good cornering techniques, and improves reactions"... What a load of rubbish!! Agreed fastasf##k learn to corner properly and safely. How about a video on that subject MCN?

Reply to this Topic
fastasfuck123

Apr 07

cardoc

it does improve you reflexes, learns you how to put your hands down fast to break your fall.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
prenty

Mar 07

prenty says:

knee down

Well done Neevesy,top advice for us mere mortals,any chance the moaning brigade could get a life,we`re not all in access to a track.I live in N.Ireland and tracks/trackdays are nearly non existant,besides i pretty much guarantee we`ve all tried getting the knee down on the road at some point in our biking careers.I broke my duck on a CBR929RR a few years ago on the NW200 course on a sunday morning ride,what a feeling!So to the rest of the road only riders,if you get a quiet roundabout or favourite bend,give it a go,it's a hell of a good feeling.

Reply to this Topic
fastasfuck123

Apr 07

prenty

I'm with the "fed up with riders getting killed and maimed brigade" you got a problem wih that?

Reply to this Topic
stacka-uk

Sep 07

stacka-uk says:

FAO: Cardoc

Tell you what then cardoc.

We'll see what its all about...we'll race, and see how corner skills really work.

And to put some worth in it, ill pay for your fuel....log books on the line.

Cant get fairer than that, if you can get your knee down thats fine.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle