Skip to content

Riding & events Bend assessment: rear-view camera Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Riding & events > Riding Skills > Bend assessment: rear-view camera

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

Bend assessment: rear-view camera

A new look at bend assessment from a rear view mounted video camera, with commentary. The Pan European in the picture is not Police, it is an ex AA roadwatch bike. It's rider has a radio and is listening to the commentary from the rider in front. He is on an advanced motorcycle training course.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (03 August 2007 19:15)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Good advert for the need for decent ears plugs!

What a distracting commentary, was the following rider visually impaired?

Reply to this Topic
videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

Commentary ?

Thanks for the comments, appreciated

Reply to this Topic
Garry Sharp

Aug 07

Garry Sharp says:

Commentary

Unlike parapanfan, I found the video clip and the commentary very informative, but i suppose these clips apply to the people who arent affraid of somebody else knowing better and being willing to learn...

Reply to this Topic
videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

The need for feedback

Thanks Garry Comments appreciated, I thought for one moment I was doing something wrong. Well since the clip, which was in 2005, I now use mini speakers, yes two which fit in the riders helmet. When I am out training they give me some control and towards the end of the day the rider expects me to say something, and when I don't and they do it right, the feel good factor is great, for me as well as the rider. I wouldn't be without intercoms and next year I will be looking at getting the other rider equipped with a system, so they can talk to me. You hit the nail on the head when you said, 'knowing better and willing to learn'. I look at it this way, those riders who do not go on to further training are the ones that are missing out.

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Commentary

I remember doing commentaries when I did the IAM car test 30 years ago - it sharpens your observation and thinking. Now intercom and radio technology allows us to use similar techniques on bikes it can only improve training and attainment. I'm going on an advanced biking course next month, and looking forward to learning this way.

Reply to this Topic
videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

Let me have your feeback

Keep me informed and let me know how you get om...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices