You are in... Forums > General > General > Kegsie Nurburgring

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Kegsie Nurburgring

or anyone else whos been, what's the info on doing a lap especially after race day is over. Not sure if we doi it then or on our way home. Also having a bit of a holiday after until the following weekend, can you suggest some places to visit.

Ta muchly

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (03 July 2009 08:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

The precious

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

Ben Lovejoy's site should help.

If you want more specifics pm me as I've been five times and can give you some tips.  DB

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Just check

the nurburgring website to be sure that the track is free on the days you wanna be there.. If i remember correctly the word 'touristfahren' means it's open to the public.. note what hours it's free too, sometimes only for 4 hours of an evening.

Last time i went was 70EURO'S for 6 laps but that's prob gone up a bit now(ask Ducatiboy).... The whole area is beatiful.. big mountains and fiorests.. great for mountain biking if that floats you boats!

Have a great time anyway   :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Beautiful Area

The roads are fantastic, well surfaced, as well as bendy.

Adenau is a lovely town, worth a visit.  Take the little chair lift, and look down on the valley. 

You'll have a great trip.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

really appreciate

such in depth info, I will have a look at it later this evening, it's always nice to get advice it saves wasting time when you want to pack in as much as possible.

Regards Rachel

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Rachel

And take your time until you know where the track is going. Some corners can really suck you in.

If you intend staying in the area give Sliders Guesthouse a ring.  The owner is an ex-pat and a top bloke.  He can do guided laps if you fancy.  And from experience, they are well worth it.

Reply to this Topic
ducatiboy1967

Feb 08

I have to agree with the pig

Hire a Ringmeister it's a lot cheaper than the supply of clean pants you'll need if you don't.:wink:

Reply to this Topic
Kegsie

Jun 09

Kegsie says:

Just go.

Hi de ho,

just back from a CS & N bash in Paris but I see that a lot of stuff has been covered by the good folks.  The track trip is a worthwhile event and you should probably just get a map out and go after that. As someone said, the roads are good and if you head South towards the Black Forest you won't forget the experience.  The Germans know how to use their roads, probably the safest place in Europe for bikes and the scenery through the vinyards to the South of Germany is spectacular.  If you have time, tour up into the alps a little, cheap accomodation at this time of year.  I've got a few other ideas so if you aren't bogged down already, pm me and we'll chat.

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

thank you all

this week we are going to do some planning so I will pm some of you to get more info if that's ok

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Nurburgring advice

You may already know this but the Nurburgring actually consists of 2 parts (the Nordschlief and also the new racing circuit - sometimes called the sudschlief). The two parts are connected however most of the time the nordschlief is barriered off from the sudschlief. The Nordschlief is the part that is generally open to the public however some days the track is hired for different clubs.

The accepted norm is that you overtake on the left hand side so if you stick to the right hand side of the track faster drivers/ riders will easily be able to get past. The track is around 14 miles long and there is a ticket barrier at the start. You can get single lap tickets, multi lap tickets, week and season passes. The price per lap reduces depending on the number of laps on your pass. Typically though its around 22-15 euros per lap.

If its your first time then don't worry and just ride at your own pace. The track is open from spring to mid autumn and there's more people there on hot days and weekends. Road cars can lap at the same pace as many large capacity sportsbikes if driven by somebody who knows the course so bare this in mind. If you have an accident then your vehicle will be removed from the track and you will have to pay the recovery fee plus any damage to the armco etc. The track is shut down for accidents and uses a normal flag system to inform people already on the track if there's an obstruction ahead. If there's an accident then you would normally be expected to finish your lap and exit the course whilst course staff organise any recovery/ medics.

If the course is shut due to an accident then I would recommend waiting about 10-20 minutes after its opened to let the loopy bunch back on the track and get rid of their frustration at not being able to do as many laps as they would like.

There's nothing to be worried about so I would just suggest you take your time until you know where the course goes and just enjoy yourself.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

hey

I am gobsmacked by all the brilliant info you all have posted, I am going to print this out and plan the routes hopefully this week. I will certainly post the experience. Alas I won't be taking my bike this time, not sure if there is any bike hire there, I doubt it very much, you never know hubby might let me have a go on his as I do own the rear end:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle