Skip to content

Discuss This US MotoGP: Black day for James Toseland MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > US MotoGP: Black day for James Toseland

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

US MotoGP: Black day for James Toseland

James Toseland’s nightmare American MotoGP ended in disaster when the British rider was black-flagged for failing to observe a ride through penalty having been adjudged to have jumped the start of the 32-lap race. Starting from 15th on the grid, Toseland was penalised with a ride through for a jump start. But having been given the signal by his Monster Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 July 2009 06:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

stig

any rider that has progressed up through the ranks to GP's is a great racer, 2 wsb titles make him fuckin great in my eyes, as marcaopsg says he had 2 huge crashes which will mess any head up..relax your judgement to next season when hopefully he is given 1 more chance and he doesnt cream himself pre-season, oh and i dont have time to spell check my comments, apologies about that but then again this aont fuckin school is it !!!

Reply to this Topic
Doug66

Feb 06

Doug66 says:

C'mon JT sort the ride

I am wondering if the poor performance was the due to the fact that he may have gone back to pre Assen set up. That top Jap engineer needs to be in the pits every race day. Tech 3 bike has the ability to keep up with the front chaps. Its the ride set up killing JT. The data from the other three Yams is not getting to JT.

JT if you read this.  Do us proud at Donny, top ten please.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

kwakanumb nuts

Aaah your response!, I think marcaoPSG and goat46's comments cover it and you didn't say toseland was a great rider you said he was one of racings greats of which there are many e.g. Rossi, Doohan, Spencer Rainey Lawson,Sheene and many more to be a racing great you don't qualify  just by getting a gp ride you have to achieve greatness yes he was good in wsb and even at the start of last year but would you put such as him and Hodgson in the same class as any of those? He has wasted a good opportunity end of and I don't think for one minute you will see him get another next year, it's game over in moto gp and crashes yes they have an effect but again he has had them before and so have all the other motogp grid it's part of the job! but it's how they deal with it, You may not agree with my opinion that's fine and carry on supporting jt he needs it ,if by some lunacy Ben Spies doesn't get a gp ride next year let's see if james can mix it with him it would be interesting? and no the spelling is still a bit off and if you must swear to express yourself its" It ain't fucking school" for e.g.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

JT

Shame...poor old JT (some iffy judging there!)  He needs to get the set-up and ride his balls-off for the rest of the season.  Not sure whether his team are completely on his side either.  I will be glad when he gets out of Tech 3 altogether, they ain't never gonna win a world title.  I hope there is a place in Moto Gp for him, he has nothing prove in the WSBK class and besides there's enough home-grown talent there already.

It was a good race though and congrats to Danny, for riding that Honda on the limit.  I also agree that Laguna is unsafe, Miller is a far safer track I'm surprised the the Moto Gp circuit has not pressured Laguna into a few changes.  Awesome track for a spectacle though, but I can see a big accident there in the near future as the bike speed increases.

No more swearing on-line please....

Reply to this Topic
seanus0203

Jun 09

seanus0203 says:

His head messed up????

Your right kwakanuts he did have some big accidents same as lorenzo did last year before coming back and finishing on the podium and he was actually injured. Oh wait a minute didn't he then have a huge accident at laguna and the next day with injuries get on the podium again....... I'll think you find that's because he's got something JT hasn't anywhere near the same amount of. TALENT AND BALLS.

We all hoped he would do well but game over I'm afraid.

Reply to this Topic
kwakanuts

Jun 09

kwakanuts says:

seanus

lorenzo has a better team and better bike, but i take your point,unfortunately there is a pattern developing for JT but the lad needs a break so im still gonna hope he picks things up for the future !!

Reply to this Topic
Ziri

Feb 08

Ziri says:

JT Future...

From what BBC coverage I could see I think I can make out Toseland ever so slightly jumping it, turning it off momentarily and then gassing it again.

Between pre-season crashes knocking his confidence and screwing himself out of help from a good team-mate by nicking his crew-chief I doubt Toseland can make the comeback needed to stay with Tech-3.

Can he stay in MotoGP?  Yes.  Is he prepared to suck it up and join a less capable team in the hope of re-learning his craft?  I somehow doubt it.

Maybe he should think about taking a year out of racing to do testing, seeing as setup is the one thing he seems to be having the most trouble with.

Reply to this Topic
d14blo

Oct 06

d14blo says:

JT

Lets be honest, JT did ok in WSB and yes he was champion a few times but i never thought he was anything special. Then we all gave him the benefit of the doubt in his first season to motogp as we was 'learning' the tracks but showed a little promise for a good second season but i think what he really needs to do is stop throwing tantrums, upsetting his team mate, pull his head out of his anus and stop making excuses.

Yes he's on a satelite yamaha but colin is doing alright even without his crew chief.

James should go back to bsb and clear the way for some more promising young blood like cal crutchlow or leon camier. they are definitely ones to watch for the future.

Reply to this Topic
marconi

Aug 02

marconi says:

Future?

I reckon James will go back to Ten Kate next year,and Colin to Aprillia or Yamamha WSB. Im a big fan of JT's ,but he's got to be hedging his bets at this point in the season, which sadly has not set the world on fire. Deals have prolly already been done. We will wait and see.

Hope he stays though.

Reply to this Topic
smadine

May 08

smadine says:

bad luck jt

Poor james isn't having any luck this year,i've watched the replay and i didn't see anything,it's all very predantic,but thats the sort of thing that happens when you're down on you're luck,the annoying thing is that if he could just get a bit of a good run together i think he can defo compete.i just hope he knows that he has still got a lot of fantastic support for him whatever happens in the future. To all of you on here slagging him off,if you think you can do any better,then why aren't you riding in moto gp!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices