Skip to content

New rider Mod 1 test Getting a licence & training

You are in... Forums > New rider > Getting a licence & training > Mod 1 test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Jack Buechler  says:

Mod 1 test

It took me three attempts to pass this module. So I thought I would give some simple advice, which actually is totally obvious to get through it. This note assumes a big bike - 500CC etc. 1. Don't take the module unless you have practised it in the same environment - use a training school that has the space and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (06 July 2009 15:20)

Post a message in Getting a licence & training

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Onyourbike

Jul 09

Onyourbike says:

damn swerve test

Just "failed" mod1 twice - once for being 2kph under the 50 on the swerve the first time and the second time I was so focused on getting the speed right through the trap I focussed on the speedo and missed the damn box - doh!!  Booked in again for tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
Onyourbike

Jul 09

Onyourbike says:

damn swerve test

Passed today with no faults and no re runs :oD

Reply to this Topic
Dan09

Jul 09

Dan09 says:

Mod 1

Yeah well - seems experiences are varying on this one. I passed first time, both Mod 1 and 2 with no training at all and no practice runs on a version of the Mod 1 lay out, or knowledge of the test routes on Mod 2. 2 minors per module. Not boasting, just want to counter some of the scaremongering about how difficult the new bike test is. I did it on a 125 mind, and now have a 33bhp restricted license, but personally I think that's a wise way to go, as the step up to a bigger bike - I got a 650 Bandit - was a quite a step, and I just don't need the full 80 odd horses at this point, 33 gives me all the speed and acceleration I can handle for now. So, do a bit of research, check the DSA website for the lay out, practice slow control in an empty car park, and get really comfortable out on the roads on your usual learner bike, then take the test on that, my advice, for what it's worth. Only other thing to add, specifically about the swerve exercise, is I had to rev the hell out of the 125 to get it up to speed in the space you're given, having got the pegs downs on the curve! Safe? I dunno, but doable, and fun, actually. Had to use both my chances too - 48 kmh first time, 56 second...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices