Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Jorge Lorenzo facing massive decision on future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Jorge Lorenzo facing massive decision on future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Jorge Lorenzo facing massive decision on future

Valentino Rossi reckons it would be a massive decision for Jorge Lorenzo to turn his back on Yamaha and make a shock switch to rivals Honda. Lorenzo has been linked with a move to Honda’s factory squad for most of the 2009 season with the Spaniard’s two-year Yamaha deal expiring at the end of the season. The 22-year-old is currently stalling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (10 July 2009 13:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Squashed_Fly

Sep 07

Squashed_Fly says:

Noooooo

Don't do it Jorge.

You're one of the few riders in recent years that I have really enjoyed watching and supporting and (don't tell anyone I said this!) actually sometimes hope you beat Rossi!

Yamaha won't be the same without ya!

Reply to this Topic
claudiof

Apr 09

claudiof says:

Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, and Pedrosa are all very close to each other's ability. This year's Yamaha is a big part of Rossi and Lorenzo being #1&2. Lorenzo is too big to ride the Honda for little people/Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic
Nastro46

May 09

Nastro46 says:

NO!!!!

Dont do it.......... Common sense surely says stay where you are on this????

Reply to this Topic
dickthebuttockscruttock

Feb 03

Maybe some sense in it......

I think there may be more than just financial reasons for the possible switch to Honda.  All the time Rossi stays racing with Yamaha I dont think Lorenzo will ever stand a chance of winning the championship.  However, if he goes to Honda (were he would probably be their Number 1 rider) he might have the influence to develop the bike to give him a fighting chance of taking the title.  Something that despite Pedrosa's talent is unlikely to happen for Honda as things stand.

Reply to this Topic
Ziri

Feb 08

Ziri says:

Goto Honda Lorenzo!

And have the factory take on Melandri! Okay, highly unlikely and if I'm honest I like Jorge and the challenge he brings to the riders. I doubt he would move to Honda when he has what is probably the best team for winning the championship.

Reply to this Topic
dskyrme

Aug 05

dskyrme says:

If he goes it will be purely financial, been quoted in this weeks MCN about the gulf in wages rumoured to be around £7M. Rossi was never motivated by money, these pay packets come with 8 world championships to his name, and jorge being only 22 i'm sure they'll come. But going to a factory and being the number 1 rider is fine, but i'd rather have the greatest rider of this generation developing the bike in the garage next to me. And it's not as if Lorenzo is struggling with the bike

Reply to this Topic
yyzguy

Jun 09

yyzguy says:

I think Lorenzo and Rossi would win on a Honda or Yamaha, given a small bit of development time. Lorenzo is like Rossi, changing classes, engine sizes, bikes or tires has little affect on their outcome, they win anyways. Maybe both could win on the Ducati, but the rest of the bikes will never be competitive.

I'd like to see Lorenzo stay with Yamaha, but I think the series would benefit from a competitive Lorenzo on a Honda. I am not sure Yamaha can spend what it takes to pay for both of them. If Rossi has conveyed to Yamaha he is really serious about 3 more years, they will certainly let Lorenzo go if he wants too much $$$$ and look for another new talent, Simonchelli (a year from now) or maybe Spies next year.

Reply to this Topic
nigel41

Jun 09

nigel41 says:

Lorenzo to Honda

Lorenzo & Pedrosa as team mates? Mouthwatering prospect!

Forget the dividing wall, pit boxes at either end of the paddock!!

Reply to this Topic
bugref

Nov 08

bugref says:

I hope he made a switch, so that Ben Spies can take his place, this guys has an attitude i dont like. and I hate his temper. I would love to see Ben Spies in Yamaha YZR-M1. I hate what he did to Setti Geubenau and Angeles as if he already owns the qualifying race session...

Reply to this Topic
bigoltool

Nov 05

bigoltool says:

Lorenzo is the future.

If he can stay healthy he can own the whole enchilada! That's the key to Rossi's legend, he just hasn't been seriously hurt throughout his career! Lorenzo has the ability to run with the big boys that is obvious and he also has the ability (as does Spies) to adapt rapidly to new machines, teams and tires. That means he is a very hot commodity for anyone with a checkbook not superglued shut in these trying times. I hope he stays put personally. The poison well at Repsol Honda (Thanks alot Alberto! ) is a precarious situation at best as long as Dani is still there!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices