Skip to content

Discuss This Rea: “I know Imola from watching the Edwards and Bayliss battle” World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Rea: “I know Imola from watching the Edwards and Bayliss battle”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Rea: “I know Imola from watching the Edwards and Bayliss battle”

Jonathan Rea has revealed he can’t wait to test at Imola next week as he feels like he already knows the track from watching Troy Bayliss’ and Colin Edwards’ epic title battle back in 2002 at the Italian venue. Rea who has never raced at the circuit will get two days onboard his Ten Kate Honda where he has a host...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (10 July 2009 14:42)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Imola

Yes I will always think of Imola as one of the best races you will ever want to see, (Troy & Colin).Just think how much beer was consumed that day......aghhhhhhh   Burp

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Great Battle, But There Has Been More Intesne...

But i have to conceed, never for a title!

Cannot wait for this!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

I hate to burst your bubble Rea but...

Dont they go the opposite way around the track now to what they did back in 2002?... Also the track has changed abit since then.. But if your looking for some inspiration Johny, then you coild not have picked a better scrap between 2 fantastic riders, for sure Edwards was at the peak of his creer in my opinion back then! And Bayliss, well.. need I say anymore?. Legend!!

Reply to this Topic
Hoppo R46

Jun 08

Hoppo R46 says:

I hate to burst your bubble Rea but...

Dont they go the opposite way around the track now to what they did back in 2002?... Also the track has changed abit since then.. But if your looking for some inspiration Johny, then you coild not have picked a better scrap between 2 fantastic riders, for sure Edwards was at the peak of his creer in my opinion back then! And Bayliss, well.. need I say anymore?. Legend!!

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

Don't forget to play the PS2 game too.

Reply to this Topic
chinoV

Feb 09

chinoV says:

Ben SPies sign 2yrs ext for yamaha

Ben Spies just signed yrs ext with yamaha.. it looks like that wsbk will be even more exciting as spies go for his second year on WSBK and how much he will dominate the championship.. but there is a catch according to the contract there is a clause that if he win the  title this year and a lorenzo jump to honda next year because of the lucrative offer. ben we could see spies moving to the premier class onborad of tech 3 yamaha..ben spies will be riding a virtually identical bike with valentino rossi..i cant wait to see what ben spies can do on the premier class with identical bike as rossi's bike..this also a posibility that if lorenzo sign with honda we could be see a switch bike between pedrosa and lorenzo..

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

I hate to burst your bubble hoppo R46 but...

it is missano where they have changed the direction of the circuit.  Yes missanno, the circuit where johnny got his first wsb win. At imola there has been a new chicane added. There has been new garages built and a new pit lane but i dont think they should confuse johnny too much.

Reply to this Topic
Nastro46

May 09

Nastro46 says:

Oh The Memories

What a race that was!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Go Johnny Go

Johnny Rea is the real deal and hopefully Ten Kate have sorted out their dip in form and it's full steam ahead now. Will be interesting to see how he works with Toseland next year as JT is surely destined for Checas ride when he goes to AMA to add that to his list of attendence championships, they should give Spies summat to think about. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices