You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Pan European wheel wobble

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Windebrowe

Apr 09

Windebrowe says:

Pan European wheel wobble

:mad:Hi there,can anyone help me? I'm in the market for a bike and after all my home work I have decided to buy a Pan European.But what is this about wheel wobble at speed?Some people get stability problems others don't.I'm not going to be riding at high speed but I heard on the grapevine that this problem can occur as low as 80mph,thats not rearly high speed now is it?What is going on?Can anybody give me some clear answers?I have looked all over the net,now I'm relying on you chaps.Please help.  D

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (12 July 2009 16:50)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wobble

I dont have one ,but my dealer says it`s bullshit,but why are some police forces selling them off as dangerous,is it the after market add on`s that`s doing it? If the shaft drive interest`s your choice forget it,modern chains as cbf 1000,suzuki bandits,gsx1400 dont stretch like older chains did.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Ginnelli

Mar 07

Ginnelli says:

Wobble

Hi Windebrowe. My boss has a pan and says its down to two things. 1st the way the police load there bikes. 2nd the tyres, he uses Bridgestone BT020 and says he,s never had a problem even at 140 two up but there not all fitted with these tyres. His words not mine because i,ve never ridden one..

Reply to this Topic
Preacherman

May 09

Preacherman says:

Pan Wheel Wobble

Hi Windebrowe

I returned to biking after a break of 32 years. I am 62 now and after trying every big tourer available I went for the Pan. I read all the literature on "The Weave" and so I gave the Pan more of a test than the others. I have done over 35000 miles now and been all over Europe. I have been heavily laden with all kit plus tent and equipment. I have hit 125 MPH and ride constantly at between 80 and 100 mph. She is as steady as a rock and I wouldn't swap it for anything. After the police incident I could'nt find a single comment from Honda. I am sure they knew that it was a unique set of circumstances, i.e. single seater, loads of heavy gear, possibly cross winds, high speed, etc. etc. etc. Just look at the Pan clubs world wide. Was in Villingen, Germany last year and a Pan club was meeting there. I counted 105 Pans and all the owners were true converts. Go for it mate and a great time. Be safe and God bless.

PREACHERMAN

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices