Skip to content

Discuss This Video: MCN rides with Foggy General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: MCN rides with Foggy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: MCN rides with Foggy

Carl Fogarty rode a bike hard for the first time since the end of his career at the VMCC Festival of 1000 bikes. Watch the video to go onboard with MCN's Chris Newbigging as he chases Foggy around Mallory.      Zoom & Watch more videos on MCN | TV http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid771491905http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=711881422 // By use of this code snippet, I agree to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (13 July 2009 13:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
maxbg

Oct 05

maxbg says:

Chase Cam

What is the chase camera bike?

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

Chase bike

Is a 2009 Yamaha R1 - the only bike I can keep him in sight on!

Chris Newbigging

Reply to this Topic
stanleyknife

Jun 09

stanleyknife says:

Still the King

I'm sure you could have had him on the inside at 0.26s!! Don't think it would have lasted long though. Foggy's line was (obviously) so much tighter than the other riers on the track - or were they just getting out of his way?

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Ahhh, A Nice Slow Blat Around Mallory :-P

Hehehe im only jellous, wish i was down there, on a rented 1996 GSXR 750...

What the camera's used for your onboards? i really want to get 1 or 2 set up for my bike for trackday madness and these are really decent quality units.

Reply to this Topic
ChrisNewbigging

Jun 06

Camera

toe_down,

The unit we used is a GoPro Hero with a wide-angle lens. See www.goprocamera.com.

stanleyknife,

Not a chance! He was genuinely in to it, and only his damaged knee and lack of training slowed him down to my pace - he had to pull in once to stretch his leg (just before this footage). He'd been out for a solo demo before the rest of the bikes and me joined him - I tried to follow him when he passed me on my outlap, but he was on it by then and cleared off.  He's still got it - he was laying black lines over the crest at the exit of Gerards! The other bikes were riding it like you'd expect in a parade - but he's not been on track like that in ten years, and he's not the sort of bloke to let people pass him by!

Reply to this Topic
catnfiddled

Jul 03

catnfiddled says:

fantastic

How good  is that?

Barely even trying and fast as fook! They must have laughed to see Foggy come around the outside at Gerrards..

Looks like he's on a 996 and could leave the MCN follower for dead on an R1 whenever he fancied.

Shame his racing was cut short.

Reply to this Topic
toe_down_sv_racing

Jan 08

Hahaha

Genuinely fun then i take it chris?

looked a wee bit of fun i can admit! I have never had a trackday with anyone famous, sucks!

Is there any UK distributors for those cams? I have seen them on loads of trackbikes come to think of it.

Reply to this Topic
shamitz

Sep 06

shamitz says:

Foggy's still got it ...

But .... man !! that R1 sounds so Sweeeet !!!  :D

Reply to this Topic
cbandyxxx

May 09

cbandyxxx says:

how good does mallory park look with out all those health and safety chicains!

Reply to this Topic
glencourse1

Mar 03

glencourse1 says:

Foggy at Mallory

Magic !..... Great to see You Back on the Track Carl ! ........ don't suppose you fancy a wild card ride eh? he heee !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices