Skip to content

Discuss This German MotoGP: Casey Stoner treated for anaemia MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > German MotoGP: Casey Stoner treated for anaemia

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

German MotoGP: Casey Stoner treated for anaemia

Rigorous medical checks conducted on Casey Stoner after the recent American MotoGP race have revealed the 2007 world champion is suffering from gastritis and mild anaemia. Stoner has been dogged by health problems at the last three races in Catalunya, Assen and Laguna Seca, which have included chronic fatigue, nausea and arm pump. Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 July 2009 15:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

And another thing! :-|

Dude - your like a bad dose of the clap! 

Seriously, I've been out on the pi$$, come home and your still spitting feathers - two postings back to back!  You need to get out more, oh sorry forgot you lost your Dept Dawg job and things are prob a little 'tight'  for you right now...

I was going to come home and start pulling my teeth out for something amusing to do - but hey, I guess i've gone and found me a new hobbie!

Ok, just for you (and then this really is it) - but please dont show anyone else - here's a shot with the lean angel (and a little more for good measure) that you keep banging on about seeing...

"WOW, Where was that taken" I hear you bleet?  Turn one Brno late last year seeing as you ask...  Thats in Czech Republic, Eastern Europe...

Right I'm off.  Bigger fish to fry and I also have to be up early to start executing those toxic trades again...
" Cos you know that I'm Toxic"  wooooooohoooohhooooowoooooo.....!

Slick - out!

Reply to this Topic
kauriboy

Jun 09

kauriboy says:

slickhillsy & his inferiority complex ...

Hillsy, mate, buddy, cobber, comrade - calm down before you and jamieq999 take an infarction or something. Crikey, we are only having a bit of a wind-up and you let matters quickly escalate to the point where it is intensely personal and two Duck owners are shaping-up to run each other off should their paths ever cross. It is YOU who has the jumpy, jangly struck nerves - no-one else. Look, if your lovely bike gives you pleasure and your job is well paid and all that great stuff - good on you - but please, don't  ram it up everyone else's nose as some sort of de facto defence or uber social status symbol. It just makes you sound like a hopeless, materialistic tosser with penis size issues that you have to flaunt this big, phallic male symbol to compensate. There's an old saying about people of that ilk - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Use your intellect to score points, Man. Personally, I am far more impressed by that than some tugger ejaculating about his toys, claimed riding ability and his job. Now, don't be threatened by me or deign to offer me meaningful employment in the watering holes of the UK. I don't need it. After working in senior management and embarrassing money, I am retired and just enjoy running Full Marathons, my bikes ( big, fast, sports ones - not cruisers - the horror ) and closely following motorcycle racing. Think of a sort of Victor Meldrew gone bizarre, OK.? Although I have a Brit passport, and retired to the warmth, great weather and riding of Queensland's Gold Coast, I think of myself as 99% Kiwi. Brits go to Spain - we come to God's waiting room. Back to the whole point here: I leave you with a quote from Wayne Gardner, dated December last year ( a pretty reasonable rider and hard bastard you may have heard of - your profile says you have only been around bikes a wee while ) " While at Valencia I caught up with Marco Melandri and Sete Gibernau. I asked about the Ducati and they both said the same thing - unless you're on full throttle all the time the electronics get confused and the bike gets out of shape. The entire set-up demands 100% commitment. Casey is the only rider that understands the way to do that. " When World Champions ( Melandri & Hayden ) have really tried, professionally, with their careers at stake and just can't get results from the bike after many months and hundreds of laps - doesn't that tell you something? Stoner is a towering talent with a World Championship and many GP victories to date and more to come - despite the bike - not because of it, OK? it is obvious that if Brit village idiots gave him a scintilla of the respect he deserves instead of mindless abuse and endless criticism of his " personality", he would respond in kind. Good day to you.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

now now girls

This link was supposed to be about stoner,who regardless of opinion will figure in this championship, who is earning a good living or not at present i have no interest in? i'm sure the moto gp guy's are doing ok and are not worrying one bit about us financially, to who ever raised the issue yes it is strange that we never see Rossi with a tart as they swarm around anyone with loads of cash and its part of the sport , however what a rider? and as for stoner he is not world champion by luck and the top four in this class entertain us and make it what it is and good luck to all of them gay fast rich or poor,i lke a bit of debate or controversy but this is past play school,who has the best bike the best job who cares ? if you want a kick out of your cash sponsor a rider who is no doubt younger and faster,it's fun rewarding and will give you more interest than any other rider could I have done so for many a year and have had the pleasure of seeing many go on to great things and as many fall by the way side,in the meantime stick to the point , it's a sport, not football!!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

nb overpaid ducati riders

Sorry i forgot to add,if you chaps want to win the overpaid ducati rider award you are miles behind see this weeks mcn to see who takes it ? ten years since i got my knee down ,yawn, im so unfit ,yawn ,if my knee didn't hurt i could of managed twenty minutes,yawn, for gods sake do you forget what your job was? and someone mentioned gardener didt he and barry sheene race each other when barry was dying? and they still put on a show ! talk about guts and courage and giving the fans a show,now thats a rider with guts money women and skill yet he still gave us what we wantedto the end, each to their own but remember what they do ,500 or moto gp world champion means just that,top of the tree not if i was or if i had moved up,track day champion or overpaid snail same thing

Reply to this Topic
AdestheMex

Aug 08

AdestheMex says:

The Answer!

I've worked out why SOME people on MCN feel the need to slag off Casey, and it boils down to this --> 

If Casey was British, he would be a hero. He is not, he's another Australian who is winning in sport. 

So there you go. For those that like to slag him off, Aussies off, anyone who is not British that does something good off, just think about why you feel this way.  I for one just appreciate thier talent. It's one thing to THINK you can ride like they do, but it's another to actually be able to do it.   Here's and example; I have ridden on the road with 2 Australian SBK champions and led them all the way, and they thought I was nuts.. Yet, we go to the track and they smoked me. The difference is, on the road these guys will ride like they enjoy lliving and don't want to end up a hood ornament, they save what they can do for on the track. Yep sure, I was/am quicker than your average, but I am by NO MEANS in the same leauge as someone who can win in ASBK let alone Moto GP.  

Neither are any of you who seek to slag off those who actually can.

Reply to this Topic
rotatingmass

Jun 09

rotatingmass says:

This description of Stoner's illness sounds like a bleeding gastric ulcer. Shouldn't be hard to correct. Tagamet or Zantac, cut out the dairy and take some Yoga classes to reduce stress. And I thought he had mononucleosis all this time.

Reply to this Topic
bluehazeboy

Aug 07

bluehazeboy says:

well at least its not too bad, a few weeks and he,ll be ok,i had the gastritis bit a few years ago and it shood be ok ,but he,ll have to find something else to moan about

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Kauriboy & others

Rather odd that parts of this thread moved from Mr Stoner's gastric ulcer to Mr Rossi's (among others) sexual proclivities. Nonetheless I recall reading quite a few years ago that the 'WLF' Vale sports on the zipper flap of his leathers loosely translates into 'I love Pussy'. Shouldn't be much ambiguity there. Ciao.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Rossi takes pole!

It is rather odd Nostrodamus, but seeing you brought it up, it has obviously fooled you thus far.  Here's a more apt headline from a couple of weeks ago......

'Rossi takes pole in Assen' .

Geez, how I laughed!

Reply to this Topic
kauriboy

Jun 09

kauriboy says:

IS # 46 BRUNO's # 1 ???

Good one, Bob. I just wish the witty and erudite Nostrodamus would stop calling me, Ciao. But seriously - I really don't give a damn if he is or isn't - VR is a GREAT motorcycle racer. On stats alone he has to be the best " track " rider that the World has ever seen - BUT - when it comes to real " road-racing " you simply HAVE TO include the IOM and places like the NW 200. These are road circuits and VR simply hasn't done these like the great old guard, Hailwood, Agostini, McIntyre, Surtees, Duke etc and a host of other great Oz, Kiwi and Brit riders and others ( Hislop etc ) have - as well as track circuits. Anyway. My Mrs and me are absolutely fascinated now - honest, never even thought about it B4 someone mentioned this " Ucci " and a few other things that just don't quite fit. I mean, the guy is 30 now for God's sake and no evidence whatsoever of female company ...Someone on a post called it " ignoring the Elephant in the room ". Does anyone have any info or good evidence one way or 'tother ...??? Just for prurient interest, of course!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices