Skip to content

Ask an Expert Bike sitting high? Suspension

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > Bike sitting high?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MrButterscotch

Jul 09

Bike sitting high?

I'm very new to the motorcycle thing - so please be kind in your replies!

After much deliberation I have finally completed my CBT and bought a Yamaha YZF-R125.  Whether you like the bike or not, and perhaps this is my inexperience showing, but I think it's a cracking piece of kit.

My question is though, will the bike eventually sit lower than it does at the moment?  It's not too high for me, but it's on the high side.  I was talking to a guy who's a few inches shorter than me (I'm 5' 10") and he said that after about 500 miles the shocks settled and he could touch the floor flat, whereas I'm close to being able to do that, but not quite.

Any thoughts?  Or is this just a naturally taller bike?  I know there's the possibility of getting it lowered, but with this being a new bike I was wondering if it would 'settle' into position over time in the same way that a car does?

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (14 July 2009 22:17)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

settle

This is all new to me about things settling down after 500miles,from what you say you don`t have a problem,I wish i was 5*10**:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
JKAPUS

May 09

JKAPUS says:

Too High

If you can't place both feet on the ground you can get shorter shocks,Or there may be an adjustment.My 1980 750 Has adjustable shocks and I put them at the lowest setting.It helped a lot.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices