Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki refines ‘flattened’ engine New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki refines ‘flattened’ engine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Kawasaki refines ‘flattened’ engine

Kawasaki’s next-generation Ninjas look set to feature this radical new engine design after plans for a ‘flattened’ motor were refined and re-patented for a third time in eighteen months. The dramatically re-imagined inline four is the work of the man behind the firm’s MotoGP-contending 800cc ZX-RR, Yoshimoto Matsuda, and promises to solve a number of problems at a stroke. Its stacked...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 6 years ago (16 July 2009 14:23)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kauriboy

Jun 09

kauriboy says:

ANOTHER DYSLEXIC ...

Don't ya just love these knee-jerk guys that totally miss the point - BikerBladerAsh, read my last post again. Who said anything whatsoever that remotely relates to: " wont be able to keep up just because of the bike im on. abosolute bull**** mate ..." ( I pasted this so the bad spelling/grammar is yours and not mine, OK? ) I'll explain it all to you again but only because I'm a nice, patient person. My point was: here's this guy making these stupid, sweeping generalisations about a direct correlation between bike colour and poseurs and questioning the riding ability of all those that ride Kawasakis. And he arrived at these earth-shattering conclusions after only being around bikes and riding for two years and judging himself as like greased lightning through corners. To illustrate my point (s), I trotted-out the names of several World Champions and other top notch riders that all rode Kawasaki motorcycles during their racing careers. This illustrated how very silly one of his his assertions was. Obviously, Trevor down the road isn't included here. To close and reinforce my point, I included  a fictitious but probable scenario ( a parable, if you like )that if he (SV) was out on a ride and thought he would have some of his corner-rapier fun with a middle-aged gentleman on a seemingly innocuous RED ZRX 1200 ( not GREEN - please note ) - he might be in for the shock of his tender, young life. The bike mentioned was very probably Muzzy Stage 3 with some 165 HP at the rear wheel, race modified chassis and piloted by a World class ex-racer with a successful track record across multiple race classes. If you think this S V numb nuts, or myself, or you, or your mates I daresay - is going to live with the ex-racer guy ( because of his ability you see - get it now? ) and especially on that bike - one of those slow/posing Kawasaki riders -  you're the one, ( quote ) "  full of absolute bull**** mate" ... Jeez !

Reply to this Topic
BikerBladerAsh

Nov 07

to be fair kauri

i was making my own point not missing the point, i have a tendency to side track, so for that I am sorry, I dont really appreciate people judging me based on stuff you dont know. Regarding my spelling/grammer i couldnt give a damn as long as i know it makes sense and it obviously did to you.

I wasnt really having a go, the reason i mentioned bull**** was what you said about newbies trying to keep up and if so will splatter themselves some where and saving 'big lean shit' for trackdays.

I been riding far less than you, and to be honest although i can strip a bike down i dont know all the ins and outs of the engineering and why some things are the way they are and to be honest i dont care. Two things I do care about is wearing the right protective gear and a high standard of riding, I am qualified advanced rider, ridden many bikes and been on track and oh no i wasnt slow. and I also have a father who is police class one and can and will keep up with anybody when he wants to. He works day in day out full time trying to help all of us bikers have a better biking experience and stopping all of the government and police enforcing things we are all against. Im not here to talk shit i was giving my opinion and stating a few experiences I have had. Simple simple simple Peace. Ride safe FFS

Reply to this Topic
kauriboy

Jun 09

kauriboy says:

Point missed - again! ( 2 )

Doesn't matter who your Dad is or how many courses you've done or how " fast " you think you are - it all comes down to YOU and what you do when things go pear-shaped - or not getting into that degree of trouble in the first place on the road. Here is a roll call of people I know that I would class as good to very good riders and what happened to them in the last 4 years: Don/Cagiva Raptor - ran wide LH hit VW Kombi - 14 months in hospital and 11 operations to piece together shattered leg and pelvis. Right arm damage precludes riding bikes ever again. Sid/Ducati 848 - lost front on RH hit armco barrier - 3 months in hospital and 3 operations on left shoulder and arm. OK now. Maurice/kitted SV 650 - exiting RH close to centreline and head and shoulders over line. Hit oncoming 4WD who was out wide and almost 1 m over the line on wrong side. Dead. Kevin/Ducati Sport 1000 S - hit frost heave banked right over on more open LH and slid under Armco barrier on far side - struts tore off right leg and left arm. Dead. Simon/YamR6 - locked up rear going into LH hairpin and slowest corner on Ranges. Highsided at very low speed into Mitsubishi Shogun going other way. Almost comical. Broke neck. Dead. Maureen/VFR - too fast into LH uphill and grounded out jacking rear wheel off ground. Slid into rock face on opposite side and cushioned by only clump of grass and shrubs for miles. Scraped and sore but unhurt. Bike written-off. Tony/kitted Hyabusa - blind uphill LH in dry - highly localised shower had dumped rain just prior halfway around. Dropped one week-old ' Busa ( his third ) and did 3 grand's worth of damage. Lucky nothing coming downhill or very probably brown bread.  All were experienced riders going too quick through the corner and/or making a mistake that was irrecoverable. Be fast out by all means, but if you can't see around the corner or what's hidden there - NEVER commit and go balls-out at 10 tenths. It simply isn't worth it on the road. We have lost count of the guys that have run off into the trees and gone up to 50m down and had to be helicoptered or winched out screaming in pain. Are you getting this? Another big negative side  issue - the Police and authorities are so alarmed with so many pretend GP road racers spattering themselves and tying-up medical and rescue resources - we now have to endure mobile and static patrols and speed traps using lasers etc and up to 17 Officers scattered around and out in the middle of nowhere. This is ENTIRELY our own fault. Take care. 

Reply to this Topic
kauriboy

Jun 09

kauriboy says:

Point missed - again! ( 1 )

Dear, BikerBladerAsh - you missed the point, again! Tell you what, I'll walk you through this one more time and then this correspondence is closed. Fair enough? On people " splattering themselves " : you don't know who is lurking under that full-face helmet on the bike in front - it could be Joe Bloggs who is bloody hopeless, or it could be some ex-Ace that surely will drag any pursuer into places they have never been and therefore shouldn't really go. Can you understand that ? No slur on your ability as I don't know you from a bar of soap - the very nature of these posts is that one is forced to generalise to a degree. OK? Now - saving the big lean angles etc: I am an ex-racer and have been riding for more years than most of the posters here have actually been alive. My fast fun times on track are over and when I go for a ride on one of my several big, fast sports bikes the primary objective is enjoyment and to ALWAYS come back with body and bike in one piece. Doesn't make me " slow " in the least - I still " get a wriggle on " by going fairly quick but stealthy, and, where and when circumstances allow, I will really get " on it  ". However, where we ride is heavily forested Mountain Ranges - the roads are mainly snaking atop razor back ridges. Most would say these are biker heaven and that's true BUT not a place to go at any more than 7 or 8 tenths as the alternatives are - run wide on a LH and it's clout an oncoming 4WD or a rock face. Run wide on a RH and its a 1,000 foot almost sheer drop, if you don't shred yourself in the trees in the first 50 feet or an armco barrier. I caught a guy last Summer who, on realising I was there, sped-up and tried to drop me off. I know the road like the back of my hand. When it was apparent that I was faster and quite comfortable about it, his response was to get into a zone where he was taking such appalling risks and running wide and getting so badly out of shape into corners, that I backed it off and let him go - not wanting to be a part of his BIG crash or have to pick up the pieces and feel bad about it. Go berserk and scrape your elbows on track if you want, but save a few tenths on the road. You'll, live longer. If someone comes up behind that is obviously faster than me, invariably, I move over for them and give them the old right foot wave to let them know I know they are there and to pass if they like. Lots don't do this and cruiser guys are the pits for chugging about, blisssfully ignorant someone is up their clacker waiting to go through.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices