Skip to content

Discuss This New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

New VFR1200T Pan European-replacement revealed

Honda’s V4-based Pan European replacement will be the world’s most technologically-advanced bike when it’s released next year. Full details are in the new issue of MCN, but what do you think of the looks? Leaked Honda design drawings have shown the bike’s distinctive duck-billed styling, which we’ve made real using CGI. The colours are our guess – but the look...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 5 years ago (16 July 2009 15:52)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

FUGLY!

That must qualify as the ugliest bike on the planet! It makes the Buell 1125R look positively svelte!

Buy a car and be done with it :)

Reply to this Topic
Georg3

Mar 08

Georg3 says:

"the world’s most technologically-advanced bike in the world"

My word.

Reply to this Topic
omega1

Jun 04

omega1 says:

Personally I think Honda have lost touch with Bikers. Do WE really want this amount of technology, I certainly don't! And to cap it all it's UGLY!

No, in my opinion Yamaha and the FJR1300 has nothing to worry about here! 

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

Honda, here is what you need to do ...

A touring bike by its definition should be about touring effectively.  This is what will tempt me off my ST1100.

1 - A DRAMATIC reduction in weight to around 220-210 kg dry

2 - A simple but efficient V4 engine which can be easily serviced ANYWHERE I go.

3 - A reasonably asthetically pleasing bike - not some avant guard styling exercise - unless its from someone with the skill of Tamburini who probably could pull it off, otherwise it just dates so quickly.

4 - The comfort/weather protection/heated grips, plug-in accessory loom as standard

5 - if you want innovation, make it helpful rather than just expensive to service.  How about a built in solar battery trickle charger so teh bike is always charged even if not used for a while?

Honda is just too wrapped up in its own love of technology for its own sake and forgotten how users actually USE their products IMO.   

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

Sorry, point 4 was meant to read ...

4 - The comfort/weather protection/heated grips of previous models (including the electric screen of teh 1300), plug-in accessory loom as standard

Reply to this Topic
metroplex

Jul 08

metroplex says:

Looks quick, I wonder how many knots that does?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

still not sure

can't see why honda are mucking about with their sport touring/touring bikes the way they are - i echo many comments already listed here.  why wasn't the vfr800 put on a weight saving programme and given a more powerful v-tec free engine?  now there are two hugely powerful, hugely complicated, heavy, ugly, expensive honda bikes to choose from.  lost the plot big H.

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Honda the Best

Mr Honda as a piece of engineering your new bike is great and will be well put together as it is a Honda, but as a thing I would want in my garage well I have seen Sick look better on the pavement on a Sunday Morning.

Come back to the real world of that looks good or  thats worth  12 grand of my hard earned money, slim your Management  down and take a look at Ducati who always produce a good looking bike for the real world you have better engineering and can produce a bike with the Ducati`s looks then add Honda Engineering and you will have a bike for my Garage.

Andy

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Very nice...

but in 10 years or so, who's going to be servicing it? Buyers of 2nd hand bikes can't really afford dealer servicing - esp not when an electronic engineer is called for rather than your local trusty mechanic....

Sure it'll be very good though.

Reply to this Topic
chc-pr

Aug 02

chc-pr says:

Boult said

"but in 10 years or so, who's going to be servicing it? Buyers of 2nd hand bikes can't really afford dealer servicing - esp not when an electronic engineer is called for rather than your local trusty mechanic...."

which is exactly why it is no good now as a tourer.  Imagine going on a ride to say outback Slovenia and you get a problem.  Who is going to fix it?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices